Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New softail "Softail Slim" on HD website:pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
I don't know. If you put a shotgun shock on her, change the bars to some mini apes, maybe different fender, pc the front, pc the primary, put on forward controls, the wheels could stay(maybe,)
I can't see the other side but I'm sure the pipes and ac, grips, mirrors, the tank possibly a peanut , and maybe put on a springer front end....
I think we're just gettin started but I think we're on to somethin here!!!!!!!
A springer front end would look good on it, I second that..

Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

If they came out with the Night Train with a springer on it (ie.. BadBoy) my train would have a new bunk mate.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 AM
jpsexton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parts Bin Bike or not, I like it! In fact the only change I'd make is the exhaust. Can't wait to see one in person...

Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Can you give me the part number please? I have what is supposed to be the newest catalog and it doesn't show it.
Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
If you look in the new parts you will see the new seat will fit a Blackline. The new bikes are not really new just a bunch of parts thrown together. The old saying you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. They need to to get the sheetmetal people working and design a new package. The MoCo designers are going stale. These new bikes will come and go quickly.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

+infinity on the "parts bin bike" opinion.

That rear fender and skinny tire combo is awful. To me, Softies deserve 200's. Looks to me like the design dept. at the MoCo needs a housecleaning.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Softail Slim = Train Wreck IMHO. they didn't even get the name right. Whats slim about it ? The rear tire / fender? Every thing else is fat. It has the fat FL forks, big head light,floor boards, fat front tire, big cat eye dash,etc.

Lets look at the Blackline. Narrow rear tire /fender,narrow front tire/fender, slim FX forks, small headlight, forward controls,small lo profile dash console,narrow handle bars, etc.

The should have switched the names of these 2 bikes. The Slim's rear fender looks like an after thought to me .No attention to detail and looks unfinished.This is a bad example of a parts bin bike. Why any one would buy a Slim over a Fat Boy Lo is beyond me. Just my 2 pennies.I know opinions differ.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both new bikes are great blank canvases. To me, that's what a factory bike should be. I'm not a big fan of ANY of the stock Harleys. Even the Train, in stock form, begs to be massaged and customized. When the Night Train was first released, it got the same reception as the Blackline, and now people are begging them to bring it back. Everyone has different tastes, and if the MOCO tried to make a bike for everyone, there would 500+ models out there. I don't like either of these new bikes off the line, but I'm sure someone out there will make them look great!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Larry64
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

The dirt bike bars need to go.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Miked053
Supporter

I'm sorry but that thing is ugly as hell. Maybe it will be better in person but right now all I see is what appears to be a card deck shuffle of all the softails. Fatboy lo, blackline, x-bones, etc. MOCO this one = fail and is just another half hearted attempt to make the next "trendy". what happened to the style and finish of the older bikes. Seems like everything now is a Frankenstein. Which is saying alot coming from the FLSTFBX owner I am lol

Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Five7Hemi
Cruiser
Default solo blackline seat

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Looks like us guys who own a Blackline may have a solo seat option now. Can't wait for someone to try it to see if it fits well.

I'm not 100% positive. But I think that they make a solo spring seat that works for the blackline on their site.

I've looked into seats for my crossbones, and saw that it also listed it for the blackline too.

Quick Reply: New softail "Softail Slim" on HD website:pic