Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson cholo's exhaust clamp

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Memo7070
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Samson cholo's exhaust clamp

What up Homie's with Samson cholo's, has any one had a problem with the clamps that come with the full systems? I currently had a real loud chirping coming from my exhaust and I took it to a local homies shop. They found out the chirping was coming from the the exhaust where the header pipe connects to the left side of the pipe(crossover I would think). well they put a heavier duty clamp and it worked, the chirping was gone. Now im getting a chirping from where the muffler meets the header on the left side, plus the left side doesn't connect quit like the right side. One more thing, my left side pipe that connects to the bracket is more wiggaly than my right side is, can it be that the left side bracket is more weak than the right? any comment/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
truckin
Tourer

get some exhaust sealant from the auto parts in a red and white tube put it on all the joints works good.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Both mounting brackets are made the same except one is a right and one is a left. I would check the connections to start with and go from there. All pipe joints should be sealed with silicone to be sure of a complete seal.
Thank you,
JR

Old 01-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Memo7070
Tourer

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
Both mounting brackets are made the same except one is a right and one is a left. I would check the connections to start with and go from there. All pipe joints should be sealed with silicone to be sure of a complete seal.
Thank you,
JR
Thank you for your response, I have checked the clamps and they are in the right place. I would not rather put any silicone, is there any other solution besides that? Any other clamps that I could use besides the ones that come with the setup? Thanks

Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Silicone is what will seal the pipe joints. You can clamp them down more but you just end up compressing the head pipe more. The use of silicone applies to all pipe joints for any exhaust system including slip-on mufflers of any brand.
Thanks,
JR

Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Memo7070
Tourer

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
Silicone is what will seal the pipe joints. You can clamp them down more but you just end up compressing the head pipe more. The use of silicone applies to all pipe joints for any exhaust system including slip-on mufflers of any brand.
Thanks,
JR
Thanks again for the info, a couple of quick questions then, if I ever needed to change my muffler because of damage ( 39" cholos I currently have) or any other reason with the silicone will it be a pain to remove? Also is there a specific kind of silicone to buy (brand) and can I get it at any auto store or does it have to be a motorcycle shop? Thanks again

Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

You do not need any special brand at all. We suggest using a good grade hi temperature silicone from your local auto parts store.
Thanks,
JR