Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
RJG
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Deluxe True Duals

Hello to all. New to the forum and looking for advice on pipes for my 2011 softail deluxe. Looking at Samsons Part #: S2-442. Also considering Python fishtail duals. I've seen that lots of guys on here with the Samsons, but haven't
seen anything on the Pythons. Like the look of the Samsons better but baffles are a must. Also, what is the minimum needed to get true duals installed? From what I've read, need a better air cleaner than stock and a tuner of some sort. What would you guys running true duals recommend? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

I'm running the V&H true duals with a Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Come Spring I'll get the Stage 1 flash.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:30 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you can get them baffled. Just ask Samson.

You don't need anything but the pipes. Yet will perform better with a new air and fuel management but you don't need it

Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJG
Hello to all. New to the forum and looking for advice on pipes for my 2011 softail deluxe. Looking at Samsons Part #: S2-442. Also considering Python fishtail duals. I've seen that lots of guys on here with the Samsons, but haven't
seen anything on the Pythons. Like the look of the Samsons better but baffles are a must. Also, what is the minimum needed to get true duals installed? From what I've read, need a better air cleaner than stock and a tuner of some sort. What would you guys running true duals recommend? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum! You can get the Samsons baffled if you must. Just keep in mind if you get baffled and want to remove them later you can't. There is a ton of information on here on this topic, do some looking around.

If you are going with true duals and like the Samsons why not just get them? And I think not finding much information on the Pythons might mean something?

You'll get a lot of responses I'm sure on tuners, there's also a ton of information on that topic. My bike came with a Dobeck Performance TFI Controller and on this site it's not that popular, but for me, it works. Power Commander and Fuel Moto seem to be more popular on here. If you are only doing pipes and not intending on doing a lot of performance mods I wouldn't worry about one until you add a aftermarket air cleaner and pipes (stage 1). If you plan to go beyond that, then you may want to look at some of the more expensive ones.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 01-31-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master

I installed. V&H true duals with hiflo AC and stage 1 Download, runs good but hot. I might add the fuelpak this spring.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Bassani True Dual and found out they have a Slip on Fishtail that are more of a muffler ending with a Fishtail. Adds a little different look to the ever so popular Fishtail Straight pipes.

No pic's as the bike is at the dealer for winter mods.

Karsten

Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get the Samsons, they are fantastic, personally I wouldnt get the baffled ones, in fact I didnt, and they are quieter than the V&H true duals that I had before!, and they were baffled, strange I know but they really are quieter. S2-435 on mine.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain

I went with Samson TD's and am very happy. I went without baffles, but heard you can install torque cones if you decide the straight pipes aren't for you.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 09heritagerider
I went with Samson TD's and am very happy. I went without baffles, but heard you can install torque cones if you decide the straight pipes aren't for you.
This is why I went without baffles. At least you can later put in a baffle, but if you go with a baffle and want to remove it, it is my understanding you can't remove them. Maybe someone from Samsons will chime in to clarify this, they are pretty good about about commenting here in the forum.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
This is why I went without baffles. At least you can later put in a baffle, but if you go with a baffle and want to remove it, it is my understanding you can't remove them. Maybe someone from Samsons will chime in to clarify this, they are pretty good about about commenting here in the forum.
I had the 28.5" baffled longtails first. I now have the 39 non baffled cholo longtails You can not take out the baffles.It impossible without ruining the muffler. It is also very hard to add baffles to the non baffled mufflers. You can not put them into the mufflers.If anything they would need to go into the head pipes.But that is not easy on the crossover side.Due to a lack of a long enough straight run to insert them into the head pipe.

Really the only option for these pipes are the torque cones to add some back pressure to the non baffled pipes.And if you get the baffled pipes and they are not loud enough for you. Well you are stuck with them.Unless you buy new mufflers.

I have the 39" Cholo True duals with a Carlini Stage 1 A/C and a PCV from Fuel Moto mapped to my exhaust and A/C combo. This thing sounds crazy and runs liked a raped ape, Its LOUD but thats what I like. The baffled pipes are pretty loud also.Bottom line for me I LOVE my Samsons.Plus I have never seen a set where I live.

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe True Duals