Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Samsons also.I have 36" with baffles and they are perfect for me.You do not need a tuner until you change air cleaners.The exhaust requires no mods.I rode 9000 miles over the tri state area last year and only saw two other sets which pleases me also.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
joejoe75
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm wondering about which 1 is louder too. I'm looking at the Samson's with baffles & the V& H true duals with baffles. I don't want anything too loud. I like that V & H give you the choice of baffles, standard and quiet. Some say on here that they don't like the V & H fishtail design, that samsons fishtails look better.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:53 AM
TXSailor
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Samson offers the true duals w/ quiet baffles as well I think. Maybe the Samson_Tech on the forum will jump in here.

I (so far) really like my Samson's but I have the 4 in muffler's on mine. (see Avatar or albums). The seem to be louder than my V&H BSS but I measured them and they are really just a bit more quiet.

I'm looking at doing some baffle mods to quiet them just a little more (either by using the Samson Quiet baffles - the expensive route or by installing an aftermarket baffle in addition to the existing baffles.

I like the "old school" look of the duals on Deluxe....

Deluxe Dwight

Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hippiebeads
I love my Samsons also.I have 36" with baffles and they are perfect for me.You do not need a tuner until you change air cleaners.The exhaust requires no mods.I rode 9000 miles over the tri state area last year and only saw two other sets which pleases me also.
If those are the Samsons in your picture, I like how far they go back. To me I like loud, IDK why I just do, if I get them without the baffles, you think they will be plenty loud?

Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have our dB Killer baffles to help quiet down the 4" mufflers to almost the stock sound level. They work very well and have a great tone. I hope this helps.
Thank you,
JR

Old 02-02-2012, 04:49 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is gonna make me buy those pipes, stop it already!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM
jlwade
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new here to the site, im looking at the samson true dual 33'' system for my heritage and reading thru all the posts is helping quite a bit

Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM
thaghost
Tourer

+1 on the samson cholos...

Old 04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
bighatbighead
Intermediate

I have been trying to install Samson S-3-469's (2012 28.5" longtails) on my deluxe. I am not too impressed with the instructions. there are only 2 pics and they are 1" square grainy B&W. When I mounted the stock flange and snap ring on the rear U pipe, the flange would not square up with the face of the pipe So I took the flange off and used a dremel to place a bevel on the flange. one problem fixed. I tried everything I have to try to get a socket on the rear lower exhaust nut and no dice!! Gonna buy a crows foot or take the U pipe back off ( for the 100th time!) and beat a dent with a hammer. I have had serious trouble with the U-pipe. Following the instructions and leaving all joints loose until the end WILL guarantee an exhaust leak at the exhaust gasket. The U pipe need to be in place and tight before trying to fit the cross over, or it will either be hitting on the fins of the rear jug or on the bracket for the coil mount. I am beginning to think my U-pipe is bent and welded wrong, when the face of the u-pipe is seated against the exhaust gasket, the u-pipe hits the fins...once I get this figured out the rest should be a piece of cake. the high side is done already, except the heat shields. been working on it about 10 hours now. I have invented cuss words..

Last edited by bighatbighead; 04-06-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Hi bighatbighead,
If you use a swivel socket on the rear lower nut it will be easy to tighten. There is no need to use a hammer at all. The rear pipe will go on easily and you will not have any leaks. many people use silicone on all pipe joints to ensure no leaks as well. We do recommend doing this. If you have any more concerns please give us a call so we can help walk you through the installation process.

Thank you,
JR

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe True Duals