Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We at Samson Exhaust have developed new extensions for our crossover systems which allow you to add or remove baffles. They will be available very soon since they are in production as I type this message. They look killer and you can now make the Samson sound the way you like it. All the different lengths will be available for all models. This has been something we have been listening to from you all at HD Forums and we have answered the call.
Thank you,
JR

Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well looks like we got a brand new option now.Gotta love a company that listens to actual riders and what they want. Great job Samson Wish some other companies would follow your lead. Avon, Metzler are you out there. How about some more options in WWW boys.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks, JR, I knew you would come to the rescue! And this is another reason I've ordered Samsons!

There aren't to many vendors out there that are as accessible as this!

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 01-30-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
RJG
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all who replied. Good info. Really interested to see what Samson comes up with. Sounds like a great idea.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain

I (literally) just finished installing Samson Duals (S-439) on my '06 last weekend.

I used 4 in Samson Performance Mufflers (since that is what the guy had that I bought the pipes from - used) and they are plenty loud. But... they are more quiet than my older V&H Big Shots Staggered. Not by much ( I measured only 2 dB - C weighting - difference) but it is there.

If you have any questions, Samson_Tech can set you right (although I don't care what he said about that lower rear Flange nut, I could not get a universal or wobble socket on it, and made my own wrench! It's just very tight back there.)

Let us know what you do and post some pics. I will be updating my thread on Exhaust noise levels once I get some reading on the new Samson's. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...big-shots.html

D

Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

I have baffled Samson True Duals Rolled Edge (I don't like fishtails). Love them. Samson is a great company.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior

my tfi fuel controller is one of my fav mods...
also want to say to the op that i bought baffles for my exhaust but before i could get around to installing them i fell in love with the sound without them. i suggest that your ride the bike with the exhaust you want without baffles before baffling them. my wife's bike is baffled and when i am on it cages are always pulling in front - but on mine i have never had this happen. the only diffs are 3 lights on mine and one on hers and you can not hear her bike but you can really hear mine. i am a true believer that loud pipes save lives- mine!

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Welcome to the forum! You can get the Samsons baffled if you must. Just keep in mind if you get baffled and want to remove them later you can't. There is a ton of information on here on this topic, do some looking around.

If you are going with true duals and like the Samsons why not just get them? And I think not finding much information on the Pythons might mean something?

You'll get a lot of responses I'm sure on tuners, there's also a ton of information on that topic. My bike came with a Dobeck Performance TFT Controller and on this site it's not that popular, but for me, it works. Power Commander and Fuel Moto seem to be more popular on here. If you are only doing pipes and not intending on doing a lot of performance mods I wouldn't worry about one until you add a aftermarket air cleaner and pipes (stage 1). If you plan to go beyond that, then you may want to look at some of the more expensive ones.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wanabe
my tfi fuel controller is one of my fav mods...
also want to say to the op that i bought baffles for my exhaust but before i could get around to installing them i fell in love with the sound without them. i suggest that your ride the bike with the exhaust you want without baffles before baffling them. my wife's bike is baffled and when i am on it cages are always pulling in front - but on mine i have never had this happen. the only diffs are 3 lights on mine and one on hers and you can not hear her bike but you can really hear mine. i am a true believer that loud pipes save lives- mine!
I'm going to have learn my TFI real soon. I'm got my duals ordered and have a new AC coming so I may pester you!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior

no such thing as pestering on this board- we are all here to help each other... as to the tfi, here is more info:
http://www.dobeckperformance.com/mot...sp?make=harley

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
I'm going to have learn my TFI real soon. I'm got my duals ordered and have a new AC coming so I may pester you!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:34 AM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Are the V&H True Duals louder than the Sams?

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe True Duals