Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Softail Model!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Well both bikes are NOT "throttle by wire" at least.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they do watercool, I guess you could look at it as the V-rod is 10 years old, and they would apply that technology to the air cooled motors. It is coming. When is the question. Just like the demise of the 2 strokes, (Banshee). EPA will be the killer.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Leech1107
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than likely it will be water cooled for emissions but watch out because if it is, that might mean it is going to be getting an EGR system also. As you need to reduce the heat rejected by the motor ie. water cooler to run that type of system. It is only a matter of time (maybe the do now) before CARB requires emission checks on bikes and EPA will follow suit as they do what ever California does.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
FatBoy_AT
6th Gear

Here we go!!!

http://www.moto-station.com/article1...tail-slim.html

Attached Thumbnails New Softail Model!-harley-davidson_softail_slim_fuite_stpz.jpg   New Softail Model!-harley-davidson_sportster_72_fuite_stpz.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So... a Softail SlimBoy as opposed to a FatBoy? fascinating.. and yet another Sportster.. first the 48, now the 72? Mehhhh..sure..

Though I'll tell ya.. I regret buying my black console now..because I really like the console on the Slim. Drill out a hole for my 2010's push-button thingie on the side, and i'd be set..

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 01-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
tq745
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the softail slim does not look anything like a bobber...although i do prefer it over the blackline

Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Leech1107
More than likely it will be water cooled for emissions but watch out because if it is, that might mean it is going to be getting an EGR system also. As you need to reduce the heat rejected by the motor ie. water cooler to run that type of system. It is only a matter of time (maybe the do now) before CARB requires emission checks on bikes and EPA will follow suit as they do what ever California does.
The day that happens, is the day I register my bikes to my house in Arizona. No smog checks there.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Talking

wow another fatboy lol

Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, I converted what it said in French to English using an internet converter.
Here it is:

Original French:
Le monde impitoyable des forums Internet - dont bien entendu l'incontournable section Kustom des forums Moto-Station - vient de mettre à jour une fuite qui doit faire grincer quelques dents du côté de Milwaukee. Depuis quelques années, Harley-Davidson a pris pour habitude de présenter une nouveauté lors de son Dealers Meeting d'hiver, qui se tient généralement à la fin du mois de janvier. En 2012, il n'y aura pas une mais deux moto "surprise".
En premier lieu le Sportster Seventy Two ravira les amateurs de "doux choppers". Une moto que l'on peut en fait considérer comme un Iron ou un Nightster (on ne sait pas encore s'il s'agira d'un 883 ou d'un 1200) inspiré des années 70, avec guidon ape hanger, filtre à air rond, commandes avancées, peinture métallisée à motifs complexes et des tonnes de chrome.
Par ailleurs, la MoCo lancera un nouveau Softail annoncé comme un "bobber à l'état pur". Entendez par là une Harley-Davidson - Fat boy en l'occurence -noir mat, aux garde-boue tronqués et fourmillant de détails "old school" : jantes à rayons peintes en noir, console de réservoir cats eye, repose-pieds demi-lune, guidon Hollywood… Nom de baptême de l'engin : Softail Slim, "mince" dans la langue de Billy Gibbons.
Tous les détails concernant ces deux nouvelles motos devraient être dévoilés dans le courant du mois de février : en attendant, voici les premières photos "fuitées" des Harley-Davidson Seventy Two et Softail Slim…

English:
The pitiless world of the forums Internet - of which well heard the essential section Kustom of the forums Bike Station - has just updated an escape that must do to grate some teeth of the side of Milwaukee. For a few years, harley-davidson took for habit to present a novelty at the time of his Dealers Meeting of winter, that generally is held at the end of the months of January. In 2012, there will be not one but two bikes "surprised". In first place the Sportster Seventy Two will delight the amateurs of "soft choppers". A bike that one can in fact to consider as an Iron or a Nightster (one knows not again if it will be a matter of a 883 or of a 1200) inspired of the years 70, with handlebar PTA hanger, filters to round air, order advanced, metallic paint to complex motives and tons of chrome. Besides, the MoCo will launch a new announced Softail as a "bobber to the pure state". Hear by there a harley-davidson - Conceited houseboy in the occurence -black checkmate, to the guard muds truncated and swarming details "old school" : rims to painted rays in black, consoles reservoir cats eye, rests half feet moon, handlebar Hollywood… Name of baptism of the vehicle: Softail Slim, "thin" in the language of Billy Gibbons. All the details concerning these two new bikes should be unveiled in the current of the months of February: while awaiting, here the first photos "fuitées" harley-davidson Seventy Two and Softail Slim…

It doesn't make all the sense to me but..
That's the best I can do to translate it.
Maybe one of our French Canadian members can help us out with this.

Last edited by Jester750; 01-30-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

I like both of them. That slim looks very sharp.

Quick Reply: New Softail Model!