Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got home from Afghan today! Looking to add some Speakers to the Harley and need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:28 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tunaman
They are very easy to install either using the standard mount to the brake and shift lever points, or using u-bolts to mount to the bars or elsewhere. Simple wiring also.

They are powered, and amplified sufficiently for my needs. My bike is relatively loud and they are audible upwards of 70MPH.

They come with a connector to plug directly into an iPhone or MP3 player... used the latter until I bought the former

If you get a chance, see if you can find someone who has them and ask for a demo. Otherwise, Drew posted a couple of videos on You Tube which demonstrated their capabilities pretty well... should be able to find the links here if you search.

Roger

EDIT: Here's a link to one of the videos that Drew posted to demo the J&M speakers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftn7yqCXig
Wow that video is awesome, think I'm going with them. Did you get chrome or black? I heard chrome can be brutal sometimes with the sun (even though of course my headlights are chrome. Also thanks again everyone for the welcome home.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Mine are chrome and don't give me any problems... hell, the bars, headlight, passing lights and most of the dash are chrome also so I don't notice it.

Roger

Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm sorry guys......but glossy paint and chrome is the best.

My bike is Sedona Orange, which is a fancy way of saying metallic gold with a orange pearl tinted clear over the top of it. Then pinstriped flames in orange and black.....a little black to go with the chrome,and time to cruise.

old skool.

Kandy paint, flames, chrome, and real leather seats friggin ROCK.

Don't be shy about embracing the shine.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 01-30-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
salty01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome home and than you for ou service!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
nascarfan
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
frozensoul
Road Master

first off thank you for your bravery serving, and i hope you have a ball on your ride. not sure on the speakers.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 PM
oif4bill
Novice

Hey brotherman-- welcome home. I was there for 30 months so I was ALL OVER the place!!!

I can spare you some pain on at least one brand of speaker. Don't even look at the POS Shark Audio-- they are loud when they work-- but there is more distortion and the controls and functions just simply suck. Chinese made POS. I used mine for a month and finally got tired of f***ing with it.

I am curious too about the Boss Audio system-- but I want to know more before I pop 400 bones. Good luck and please let us know what you decided on and give us some feedback.

Cheers

Bill

Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 PM
10FBL
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome home. Glad you are back safe and Thank You.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

Welcome home,and thanks for your service,i have a set of pioneer in the multi fit section with a 500 watt pre amp . In the multi fit section ,they are 150 watts apiece ,alittle big.looks like a set of a cup ****.lol. But soumd great and are water proof,check they out $100 shipped,again welcome home !!!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
D94
Advanced

Wish I could help you out on this it's the very least I could do after all you and all our great warriors have done for me, my family, and this great country of ours. But I don't know much about this. Thank You and God bless you .... enjoy your trip, welcome home and Rock On!

Quick Reply: Got home from Afghan today! Looking to add some Speakers to the Harley and need help