Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got home from Afghan today! Looking to add some Speakers to the Harley and need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:37 PM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cross Country Ride

Welcome back to the land of the "Big BX". Some of my buds are still over there doin what we do...
PROTECTING ****ING FREEDOM !!!
If your route takes you Texas, you have a free bed for a night. Parking your scoot next to "Spike" in the garage would be my honor. Just let me know.

Ride Safe,
TIILM
Sulphur Springs, Texas

Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome home bro!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Appreciate all the welcome home support! Sorry it took so long to respond, took a detour to New Orleans to visit the wife's family. I think I am going to check out the J&Ms and see what they are about. If I got the Booms, they would be mounted on the Handlebars so I think I would be good there, and I did just order a quick disconnect windshield, however for around town and short trips I like riding with out. We will see, gonna run the numbers on the J&M.
Thanks Everyone!
-Aaron

Old 01-29-2012, 04:02 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, thank you! As for the speakers, I almost bought a set but they were not available for my windshield and I didn't want the handlebar version. I figured I would only want them for long rides and I always put the windshield on for those.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:22 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Thanks for your service sir, and we're really glad you made it back to enjoy the freedom you fought for.

I have the J&M speakers mounted in the traditional position and they work great for me. Loud enough to listen to at 70MPH, not a bad looking addition, and I love being able to plug in my iPhone in the Boom Audio tank pouch and rock to my playlists.

Enjoy the ride - you've certainly earned it!

Roger

Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tunaman
Thanks for your service sir, and we're really glad you made it back to enjoy the freedom you fought for.

I have the J&M speakers mounted in the traditional position and they work great for me. Loud enough to listen to at 70MPH, not a bad looking addition, and I love being able to plug in my iPhone in the Boom Audio tank pouch and rock to my playlists.

Enjoy the ride - you've certainly earned it!

Roger
How hard are they to install and I wont need an amp for anything correct? Also do they come with the plug to plug into the audio port?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
dbrown5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome home! now time to ride!

Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by AirBoyzT
How hard are they to install and I wont need an amp for anything correct? Also do they come with the plug to plug into the audio port?
They are very easy to install either using the standard mount to the brake and shift lever points, or using u-bolts to mount to the bars or elsewhere. Simple wiring also.

They are powered, and amplified sufficiently for my needs. My bike is relatively loud and they are audible upwards of 70MPH.

They come with a connector to plug directly into an iPhone or MP3 player... used the latter until I bought the former

If you get a chance, see if you can find someone who has them and ask for a demo. Otherwise, Drew posted a couple of videos on You Tube which demonstrated their capabilities pretty well... should be able to find the links here if you search.

Roger

EDIT: Here's a link to one of the videos that Drew posted to demo the J&M speakers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftn7yqCXig

Last edited by tunaman; 01-30-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:02 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome home, thank you for your service, and you're gonna love that trip! I did that 2 years ago, best journey I've ever done! Took 21 days and rode 7500 miles. I'm itching to do it again!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

welcome home.

Quick Reply: Got home from Afghan today! Looking to add some Speakers to the Harley and need help