Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used the s100 engine brighter and bike wash on all my bikes since my first Harley. NEVER had any problems. The bike wash comes in a huge (like 2 gallon jug). They two of the only products I used on my bikes. Will have to try that magic eraser on my WW next.

I love reading these Vicla build threads. Lots of inspiration. I plan on turning mine into a Vicla style bike but with a Boston slant. Less chrome more blacked out.

Last edited by BB06FLHX; 03-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BB06FLHX
I've used the s100 engine brighter and bike wash on all my bikes since my first Harley. NEVER had any problems. The bike wash comes in a huge (like 2 gallon jug). They two of the only products I used on my bikes. Will have to try that magic eraser on my WW next.

I love reading these Vicla build threads. Lots of inspiration. I plan on turning mine into a Vicla style bike but with a Boston slant. Less chrome more blacked out.
I like where you're goin with that. That's my taste too. I try to keep more black than chrome, but not by much. Did you ever think you'd hear of a Yankee agree to a "Boston" slant?!?! Hahaha!!! Happy Hour starts in 4 more hours for me! And gonna be 70s here today. Woooo hooooo !!! Finally!!!! Now I gotta go get me some S100. Sounds delicious!
LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM
ramirez0228
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NC-D,

Your sled is looking tight. You've done a great job dressing her up. I'm digging those tank emblems. Been thinking about switching out mine out.....

Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

Thanks SoCal. Not to hijack but the wife wanted a flat black and flat silver bike. NO chrome. I've blacked out the front end and now the wheels 21" in front, rotor centers, pulley outer edge and will eventually get a WW for the front.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
+1 on the S100 engine brightener, does exactly what it states on the tin! Excellent product!

Ride looking super clean Dean!
Thanks Si! I'm thinking about replacing the plug wires. I don't need to but I'm up in the air on going with red or yellow. Not sure I want the braided chrome, think I have enough of that going on ....LOL

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
I bought some of the engine brightner and the S100 spray wash a few months back but its still too cold to detail here. I hope the wash is just as good, its supposed to be spray on and rinse off...if thats the case maybe I will wash it more.

Dean what are you using on your WW's? I thought somebody said something about magic eraser?? Steel wool is ok but Im looking for something a little better if any one has ideas that make it a little quicker or easier. For me they dont have to be show clean just daily rider clean.
I've only had to clean them a couple times, the first time was pretty agressive to get the brake fluid and then the dust bombs off. For that I used a 3M 400 grit sanding sponge per the advice of Tab. I haven't found anything else yet, the one other time I used an SOS pad, but your looking for something less involved. I'm not familiar with the magic eraser.

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Always gotta read this thread see wtf NC up to now...chuckles
LOL I wonder sometimes myself! Hopefully a Nacelle soon and couple other odds and ends will be coming soon.

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
westleys wheel brite....spray on a wet tire, let it sit a minute, wipe with a wet rag, and BAM...new white wall...no scrubbing. If you have a jack, it takes like 3 minutes cuz you can spin the wheel around
I'm wondering about this magic eraser. I'd like to find something waterless because with the Liquid Performance I use to clean I rarely use water.

Originally Posted by shooker
I use all the s100 stuff, it works great.
I know the s100 I've tried was crazy good stuff. I did pick up one of the small bottles of s100 wash to give a try.

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
I've been looking for something that does a good job cleaning the engine. I'll have to swing by the local HD and pic some of this up.
Yeah man, definitely worth it and I have plenty left to do probably at least a couple more times. Made the jugs and case look incredible.

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Magic Erasers on the WWs , fantastic
I've got to find one of these to try! Thanks for the heads up Mark.

I blow the bike with air, but does the s100 reduce spotting? I ask at the stealership but of course they acted like I was crazy which is a normal response.

Think a blacked out version would be sic too! Wish I could have one of each. lol Some day!

Originally Posted by socal yankee
I like where you're goin with that. That's my taste too. I try to keep more black than chrome, but not by much. Did you ever think you'd hear of a Yankee agree to a "Boston" slant?!?! Hahaha!!! Happy Hour starts in 4 more hours for me! And gonna be 70s here today. Woooo hooooo !!! Finally!!!! Now I gotta go get me some S100. Sounds delicious!
LET'S GO YANKEES!!!
s100 will go great with some gentleman jack! Here's to you bro, just cracked a label a little bit ago....I'm out of training and with my meds it'll be an early night for sure. LOL Got in about 4 hours on the sled tonight so I was thirsty!

Originally Posted by ramirez0228
NC-D,

Your sled is looking tight. You've done a great job dressing her up. I'm digging those tank emblems. Been thinking about switching out mine out.....
Thanks brother! I was torn on the badges...for something so simple it was a hard decision for me. The new ones laid on the bench for a while before I finally went through with it. But I'm happy I made the change.

Thanks SoCal. Not to hijack but the wife wanted a flat black and flat silver bike. NO chrome. I've blacked out the front end and now the wheels 21" in front, rotor centers, pulley outer edge and will eventually get a WW for the front.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!
Post away brother, everything goes.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

Haven't used the s100 on the Luxe yet. With the clear we used Wiindex does the job. But on the last two bikes it greatly reduced/got rid of the water spots. I too blast it dry with a blower then wipe down whatever water is left over.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM
shooker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, like that old bag in those commercials says,, I put that **** on everything!!

Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 AM
chap!
Road Master

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Thanks Si! I'm thinking about replacing the plug wires. I don't need to but I'm up in the air on going with red or yellow. Not sure I want the braided chrome, think I have enough of that going on ....LOL

LOL I wonder sometimes myself! Hopefully a Nacelle soon and couple other odds and ends
Dean, I went with Red wires, so if you want to see how they look with the black & white, take a look at some of my pic's! Not sure of yellow though? White may look good? Oh & I ordered the Nacelle now, as they finally could give me some idea of a date, 1st/2nd week of April? So fingers crossed!

Last edited by chap!; 03-31-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dean, without me reading through all this thread again, what size tyre did you go with on the rear ?
I only had my wheels a short time and I'm hankering after a 18 rear, would I be right in thinking you cant buy a 18 WW

Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Dean, without me reading through all this thread again, what size tyre did you go with on the rear ?
I only had my wheels a short time and I'm hankering after a 18 rear, would I be right in thinking you cant buy a 18 WW
I heard that brother! LOL One day I'm going to take the time to make an index page with links.

I went with the 18x3 1/2" wheel with a 140/70/18. Avon and Pirelli are about the only two popular brands still making the 140 in an 18 these days. (At least that I'm aware of.) And you are right, as far I know, no one is making it in WW and you'll have to go with DB to have Tab make you one.

The 18" is the size I think is best when you have an air setup. Maybe it comes from my airbagging cage days, but there's nothing that says I'm slammed like a moforker wheel tucking up in that fender. Pictures on here don't do it justice.

Some folks are rolling with the 18x4 1/4" with a 150/70/18 Metz tire and I guess to fill out the fender a little more (slammed you really can tell a big difference IMHO). Most recently I think Kozy went with this setup. It'll fit, but it is a little tight, however, no seems to have any major issues from what I've read. When I selected mine it was with great advice from Country D and I wanted to play it safe by going with something I knew would fit without any possibilities of rubbing because I do ride 2up once in a while.

And damn, after all that rambling, I guess you might as well have read the entire thread! LMAO

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!