Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its about time you pulled the trigger, I think they look as good as the CBD's for a third of the price.

BTW the sweater was allot better than the Ice Ball maker...lol Those f'ing things would never come out in one piece and I never have whiskey in my glass that long anyway

Old 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha!! I'm at The Typsy Goat! It's English Pub. And I like saying Typsy Goat. And they have Jamesons. Mmmm. And I like saying Typsy Goat.
Oh btw, fishies are now on. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Its about time you pulled the trigger, I think they look as good as the CBD's for a third of the price.

BTW the sweater was allot better than the Ice Ball maker...lol Those f'ing things would never come out in one piece and I never have whiskey in my glass that long anyway
I think I'm going to be happy with them and really, the price is killer!

hahaha that ice ball was crazy! When I first opened it, WTF is this???? LOL

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Hahaha!! I'm at The Typsy Goat! It's English Pub. And I like saying Typsy Goat. And they have Jamesons. Mmmm. And I like saying Typsy Goat.
Oh btw, fishies are now on. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!
Your having to much fun brutha! I'm suffering in pain and dt's...had some awesome facet block injections in my neck today while your at freaking happy hour! wtf

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Out of boredom, waiting on my brakes and foot controls, I finished up my polished bolt install and picked up the allen head bolt caps at the dealership yesterday. I've almost replaced every single cad plated bolt there is with exception of motor mount bolts, which I did just order the front lower with spacers in chrome today. For the half dozen others along the base of the jugs, I just put the hottoppers because I didn't feel comfortable pulling those and the hottoppers look fine IMHO.

I also couldn't take waiting to see the WW on the DB tires any longer! lol For those doubting the additional cost of the DBs, IMHO, it is worth every penny. These are the cleanest and smoothest WWs you could ask for. They'll definitely be easy to clean and look killer! Oh yeah, did I say they look incredible yet? LOL

Oh yeah, and the DNA wheels and rotor are awesome IMHO, especially considering they are half the cost of the other fat spoke options. I've also read recently there are issues with the more expensive options as well, so none of them are perfect or without problems.

Something else I've been playing with are the holes in the rear fender. I wish I could find a fender bib made in metal that would match the console, and because I can't I'm searching for a hardware fix.

Started out with some pikes (spikes) I ordered. At the time I was going to use Colony spike axle covers, but there's been a change in plans with that setup, so I don't think this will work since I'm not going with a spike theme. But in case anyone is curious what it would look like here's a crappy pic.

And here's a cheap setup I came up with that I picked up at the parts store. Don't think this is the final try. I seen a setup that someone used the recessed washers like those used on the strut bolt kit, but I can't find them any where. The recessed washer and an allen bolt cap is what I'm hoping to end up with.

Things were coming together quickly but with the brake issue things have come to a stand still. Hopefully my phone call tomorrow will give me at least an idea when to expect the brakes back now that I'm going into week 5, 6 counting the ship week.

It's getting scary because I've been pricing PM and Hawg Halters brakes thinking I'm sure I could them before I get mine back from chrome. I'm just really not wanting to do that mod until next year....but! lol

Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

NC D'LUXE, your bike is looking fantastic...I can't wait to see the "finished" product. Keep up the great work. Soon your bike will be the one on people's computer background as inspiration for those seeking the vicla look. Swell job my friend!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master

That wheel is insane!!!! I can't get over how sick a 21 looks. So much nicer than a 16 in my opinion. Everything is looking good buddy. You even just gave my chomoholic brain an idea...Im going to see if I can come up with a chrome fender bib to replace the cheap pleather one I have on now. Something new to work on. LOL. CHROME FENDER BIBS!!!! NOW THAT WOULD BE OFF THE CHART! IM ON IT...THX.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude you need a chrome timing cover ASAP

There is a fatboy chrome fender bib I think

Old 02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default build

I will tell you after what i went through with ride wright on my 21 inch wheel i would definitely go with the DNA wheel for half the price.when a company gets big and stars to whip out crap to keep up with it they are living on there past reputation. This is a problem and you see it all the time. sometimes you pay for the best and get less this seems to be happening more often now days the wheel looks great good luck

Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer

You make me wanna puke..... hahaha.... love your bike bruh
Waiting on the same rims..... God I hate waiting.... I couldn't imagine waiting for brakes and having everything else. But just to get back at ya..... I rode all day.. hehehe. I did put a progressive drop kit in yesterday and for a hundred and a Lil change it is way worth the ride over stock. Dropped it the full 2 inches.... wow!!

+1 on your bike being an inspiration..... hopefully soon!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by n2gzus
NC D'LUXE, your bike is looking fantastic...I can't wait to see the "finished" product. Keep up the great work. Soon your bike will be the one on people's computer background as inspiration for those seeking the vicla look. Swell job my friend!
Thanks, appreciate the kind words!

Originally Posted by fmnspooch
That wheel is insane!!!! I can't get over how sick a 21 looks. So much nicer than a 16 in my opinion. Everything is looking good buddy. You even just gave my chomoholic brain an idea...Im going to see if I can come up with a chrome fender bib to replace the cheap pleather one I have on now. Something new to work on. LOL. CHROME FENDER BIBS!!!! NOW THAT WOULD BE OFF THE CHART! IM ON IT...THX.
The 21 is insane! The pictures as most things just don't do it justice. Like Kozy mentioned before, the MOCO did at one time make a chromed bib for the FB, but they are no longer in production. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Originally Posted by kozy22
Dude you need a chrome timing cover ASAP

There is a fatboy chrome fender bib I think
kozy - I've been looking and think I'm just going with a blank. I had a buggy loaded up with all grooved replacements, inspection cover, clutch housing etc, but then changed my mind because I don't know that I really what designs or anything on my covers...but agree, the timing cover needs to go.

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!