Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
Yeah Pal, it needs gas in there to light up, I put the LED guage on mine, standard looking/style ones, just so I could attach the emblems I have onto both caps, the LED works really well to be honest, daylight it shows up good & night, obviously better!
Yeah the flush ones are really suiting your style man, bet your getting rather excited, now your on the last run?
Chap - I can't wait to roll her out and hear the new sound, feel the suspension and new fit of everything. I'm going to have to learn her all over again. Dang, wonder if that work with....ah nevermind! LOL

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Great mod Dean, your right it does compliment the console, mine is quite accurate, although I'm under no illusion I've heard the do stop working, I believe the best advice is not to overtighten the cap also.
Mark - Thanks for your behind the scenes help and encouragement! I am glad I went ahead and ordered this mod. I never watched my old gauge to often anyway...but I wouldn't mind getting the speedo light swapped out to match.

Originally Posted by Dirty Fxstd
Looks great man. I plan on those flush mount also. My gauge hasn't worked in years but I always go by miles anyway. Love that dash man, drooling over your bike is gonna make me broke!! LOL
Dirty - Thanks man! I know the feeling, drooling over bikes like OS Deluxe's is what made me go off the deep end!! LMAO I couldn't help it and the timing worked out great for me to do this.

Originally Posted by Benway
Those caps really set off the tank nicely. I love my set.
Benway - Thanks! It does make a huge difference.

Originally Posted by BLOWN HOWARD
You should not need any gas in the tank for the led to light up if its empty it should show a gas pump and a single dot
I wasn't sure and was thinking at least the little gas pump should light, but I'll probably get some gas tonight or tomorrow and check it out then. I've checked the wires a couple of times and everything checks out so I'll post later when I fuel her up. Thanks!

Originally Posted by prldrm
Looks good, NC! The only thing I don't like is having to have the LED gauge. I don't need it with the gauge on my speedo...probably get it anyway eventually.
prldrm - Thanks man! You could just not hook it up and it will just look like a smooth cap? I would have really liked to have upgraded the speedo, but that'll have to be put off for a while because I've busted the ***** off my piggy bank.

Originally Posted by elbohead
Wow! That looks slick! Now that's a mod I can do for low dollars with maximum visual appeal! (That would be "Bang for the buck")! Thanks for the tutorial, I'll keep it handy!
elbohead - Thanks and your welcome! It is really a great mod. I later found you can get the Kuryakyn brand kits for less $$.

Received the floorboards and shifter/brake pedal today! The boards and pedals are huge compared to the pics on the vendor sites...lol YAY almost there, but still no word on my brakes!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you, NC'D!!!!!! You sonofabitch!!!!!!!
Here I am enjoying a fine Jack with a coors lt back, all ready to put the finishing touches up on round 3, and you had to go and influence me again! Youre like the little NC'D devil on my shoulder saying "do it, do it! I did!".
I just pulled the trigger on cholos. Maybe once I get em on next week I'll actually post a thread! Hahahahahaha!!!!! You Ol sonofabitch!!
Now excuse me. I gotta go look at flush mounted caps/gauges...

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master

Too much talkin tonight. not enough drinking! shut your holes. we only build and drink on friday night, we talk tomorrow when we have to big of a headache to work on the sled. lol

Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Here I am enjoying a fine Jack with a coors lt back, all ready to put the finishing touches up on round 3, and you had to go and influence me again! Youre like the little NC'D devil on my shoulder saying "do it, do it! I did!".
I just pulled the trigger on cholos. Maybe once I get em on next week I'll actually post a thread! Hahahahahaha!!!!! You Ol sonofabitch!!

Coors with a Jack side car...nice, dont get too crazy or you'll forget to put the pushrods in...lol

So whats the scoop? where those spy shots 79cc or 89cc? Did you get your hands on some bigger jugs? haha

What you got over there?

Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Did you get your hands on some bigger jugs?

Not unless you count my girl

Still a 95 bore kit but a spy shot with the S&S Heads fully installed! YAY FOR ME!!!!!!!
CHEERS BOYZ!!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My next tat!

Those Cholos are gonna be killa! May need to get some longer bolts to keep that center stand. The samsons come with 1 1/4" bolts for the muffler hangers so maybe add another 1/4" and get some 1 1/2" bolts to keep that bad *** center stand. Will it clear the pipes when up? Almost looks like it might in the pictures, but it's kind of hard to tell.

Now throw down some more jack and get them flush mounts!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not unless you count my girl

Still a 95 bore kit but a spy shot with the S&S Heads fully installed! YAY FOR ME!!!!!!!
CHEERS BOYZ!!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Can we take the turbo out for a spin too?!!

You doing a dyno tune? Where are you at on cams?

Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Motown Strag

You doing a dyno tune? Where are you at on cams?
Already did a dyno when i did the andrews cams... 80 hp/ 93 tq.

Planning on another run on the dyno at Dyno Daves once the cholos and heads are on!
im not sure if I'll get that much more power since im not doing the the FatCat.... Theres a give and take thang..

Now i gotta get back to my jugs! Shes bitchin that its friday and i gotta take care of her... Theres that 'give and take thang' again!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

The jugs we can share..
THE TURBO'S MINE!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE

Those Cholos are gonna be killa! May need to get some longer bolts to keep that center stand. The samsons come with 1 1/4" bolts for the muffler hangers so maybe add another 1/4" and get some 1 1/2" bolts to keep that bad *** center stand. Will it clear the pipes when up? Almost looks like it might in the pictures, but it's kind of hard to tell.

Now throw down some more jack and get them flush mounts!
That's good lookin out, NC'D. I'll take care of the CenterStand. If I have to lose it, not really a big deal. I'd rather have the cholos.

I'll make it work!!!

Now for anotha shotta jack

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!