Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flames out of drag pipes normal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012 | 12:08 PM
oct1949
Club Member

LMFAO-----

Not 1,,,, not 2,,, not 3,,,, but 4 times Ur camera blew over.. Bahawahaha.

Thats just freaking tooooo funny..

Best laugh I've had in here for a while.

Old 01-23-2012 | 10:46 PM
Kadorja
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Your timings off, not getting a full ignition. Looks like your firing late, when the exhaust valve opens. I know it's EFI, get her Dynoed.
I'd like to think its not something as serious. I know a lot of vehicles with straight pipes or shorter exhaust throw flames a lot and they are EFI. The dealer who put the tune on has been around for a while and she runs great. If the timing was that much off I figure she would be running like crap or running very hot.

Originally Posted by str8jacket
Could just be from high octane fuel. High octane slows the combustion process to prevent detonation with high compression motors. High octane without high compression can slow the burn too much to where it's still burning when the exhaust valve opens.
That makes sense. It's not a huge fireball coming out every time and I don't hear any backfiring or anything.

Originally Posted by Maclugie
Mine does it too.
What kind of pipes do you run? I've seen a few Harleys throw some nice flames but I've never heard anyone who has an EFI bike doing it. I know its possible I just don't see many stories about it. I enjoy it as long as its not hurting anything.
Originally Posted by Ash16
My favorite part is where the exhaust keeps blowing the camera over.
I figured she would do it. It blows my old cameras down pretty easy but this one is a little heavier. At least I know she's got some power if she can knock stuff over

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Never had a fireball come out my tailpipe, but I will say this: THAT is one WICKED-*** Bones, bro!
Thanks I'm thinking about adding some cams or a entire 107" kit and Howards Horns. Something to bring out the bobber look a little more but nothing over the top. I still need to get my rear fender painted and pinstriped.

Originally Posted by oct1949
LMFAO-----

Not 1,,,, not 2,,, not 3,,,, but 4 times Ur camera blew over.. Bahawahaha.

Thats just freaking tooooo funny..

Best laugh I've had in here for a while.
Well actually it was only twice... I slowed down both parts and replayed them so everyone could get a good look at the flames. I was still surprised that it knocked the camera over both times. Its not too heavy but its not that tiny either. Maybe the bike isn't fast it just blows out so much hot air it pushes it along pretty quick lol.

Old 01-24-2012 | 01:14 PM
Maclugie
Road Master

What kind of pipes do you run? I've seen a few Harleys throw some nice flames but I've never heard anyone who has an EFI bike doing it. I know its possible I just don't see many stories about it. I enjoy it as long as its not hurting anything.

Rush slip ons with 2 inch baffles.