Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dye K&N filter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Lucky you, somedays, i think my wife just wants me to dye! Anyway, why not get the HD stage 1 filter, its basically white and spray with some pink dye, the HD stage 1 fillter does not need to be oiled. just a thought while im still alive. HeHe!
We have been successfully married for 35 years, BUT we have had a "few" of those days also...LOL...usually when I have bought a boat, or a sports car or one of my 2 motorcycles that I brought home...oh ya, without discussing in advance (bad memory)...makes for a quiet weekend.LOL. BUT, she's a keeper!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

I know they make different color oil for the filters. My filter for my car was originally blue so when I added the K&N oil it was splotchy purple in some spots.

Look around and see if you can find any other kind of oil?

Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a different cover so your filter doesn't show???

Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studiopeg
OK I am going to try it. Got me some nice bright pink dye.

Yeah I know, when I spray the oil on it will go darker - reddish pink. We'll see how it turns out, I will post a pic when I do it.

I do have a rain sock, have not used it yet. That's a good idea to see if they have a pink one
Peg they make filter oil in lots of different colors ,red,blue,green purple etc. I just have not seen pink. A K&N filter is white cotton guaze after its clean and dried.The only thing that makes it red is the oil.

I would get the K&N filter cleaner.Follow the directions, clean and let it dry real good. Then go to town on it with your pink dye.After I would use the clear oil to oil the filter ex Summit Racing pt # SUM-239364. I see no reason this would not give you great PINK results.

The only thing I am not sure of. When its time to clean/recharge the filter again, if the cleaner would wash the dye off.I doubt it would though. Good Luck

Old 01-18-2012, 12:38 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Peg they make filter oil in lots of different colors ,red,blue,green purple etc. I just have not seen pink. A K&N filter is white cotton guaze after its clean and dried.The only thing that makes it red is the oil.

I would get the K&N filter cleaner.Follow the directions, clean and let it dry real good. Then go to town on it with your pink dye.After I would use the clear oil to oil the filter ex Summit Racing pt # SUM-239364. I see no reason this would not give you great PINK results.

The only thing I am not sure of. When its time to clean/recharge the filter again, if the cleaner would wash the dye off.I doubt it would though. Good Luck
Yeah that... clear oil after pink dye