Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has used Lemon Pledge to clean the bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012 | 03:27 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

I usually use the Pledge that comes in the plastic bottle with the trigger, not the aerosal can. I only use it on the chrome and it shines it up pretty good and have never had any kind of residue left over.. My favorite stuff to use is Stripper Juice..I purchased some at Hot Leathers and that stuff works great but can't find it around here anymore!!!

Old 01-17-2012 | 04:53 AM
bradyrw625
Novice
Default Quick and easy

I am not one for spending hours cleaning my bike as I ride daily. The bottom line is that Lemon Pledge is the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way I have found to clean the paint and chrome on my bike. I just wash it first and then spray the Pledge onto a rag and apply it to the bike.

Old 01-17-2012 | 05:10 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior

Honda spray!....good sh@#

Old 01-17-2012 | 05:12 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer

FAVOR furniture polish!

Old 01-17-2012 | 05:41 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Lemon Pledge FTW! Paint, chrome, windshield, its all good.

Old 01-17-2012 | 05:50 AM
davidw221
Supporter

I use Hydrogen Proxide on my bike gets ride of bugs.
Then I use Lemon Pledge or Honda Polish.
But the Proxide it the best.

Old 01-17-2012 | 06:02 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

This is just my opinion but I have detailed cars for a living before, I still do it to this day for a little extra cash on the side too. I find the best stuff to use between wax's is Mothers California gold detailer spray. I can detail my bike in the spring and then do nothing else all summer except to clean the bike then go over it with the Mothers. I am just as sure that there are 100's out there that will swear by something else though. I can also add that used with a quality wax that 95% of the bugs will just spray right off and the other 5% will wipe right off. I keep my scooter waxed, spotless and the white walls nothing other then as white as they can be not unlike anyone else here does for thier scooters. I find that when used with a wax called "Liquid glass" I have never even been interested in trying anything else. I find these 2 things to be my most favorable combination to use on my bike giving me the best results for my time and labor. If I am going out to where I will be gone a few days I throw a spray bottle of the Mother's California gold in my bags. The pledge just continually builds up on your bike and then you have to strip it in order to get back down to the original paint or surface of the chrome.

Old 01-17-2012 | 06:46 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
This is just my opinion but I have detailed cars for a living before, I still do it to this day for a little extra cash on the side too. I find the best stuff to use between wax's is Mothers California gold detailer spray. I can detail my bike in the spring and then do nothing else all summer except to clean the bike then go over it with the Mothers. I am just as sure that there are 100's out there that will swear by something else though. I can also add that used with a quality wax that 95% of the bugs will just spray right off and the other 5% will wipe right off. I keep my scooter waxed, spotless and the white walls nothing other then as white as they can be not unlike anyone else here does for thier scooters. I find that when used with a wax called "Liquid glass" I have never even been interested in trying anything else. I find these 2 things to be my most favorable combination to use on my bike giving me the best results for my time and labor. If I am going out to where I will be gone a few days I throw a spray bottle of the Mother's California gold in my bags. The pledge just continually builds up on your bike and then you have to strip it in order to get back down to the original paint or surface of the chrome.
I use the exact stuff Tony does. I too like to do a bunch of detail work over the years but only on my own cars and maybe girlfriends' cars when I wanna get sum. Hahaha!
But yeah, I use both the Liquid Glass for the detail work and California Gold in between. Both work like a charm!

Old 01-17-2012 | 07:22 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain

LP is a great quick detailer. It will not build up as it is essentially silicon oil. Here is a great thread on the subject if you really want to know the contents.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/detai...on-pledge.html

Old 01-17-2012 | 09:09 AM
Leech1107
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Lemon Pledge FTW! Paint, chrome, windshield, its all good.
Coffee table

Quick Reply: Who has used Lemon Pledge to clean the bike?