Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there such a thing as "affordable billet wheels"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I feel your pain Dude. I just LOVE the 16' wheels. I see so many bikes that have taken them off to put on bigger wheels and I will admit, some are VERY sharp!! I am just a 16" wheel kinda guy. I hope no one takes offense at that either. I see bikes on here that blows mine away. It's just I can't find anything for me, nothing I like or want on my bike. I want to, no I will stay with the 16's even if I have to settle and just keep these factory spokes. I did go to that website that was just mentioned in the front thread but it is now down to $$$$$, or not enough of it! LOL Also, since I have not been able to afford wheels as of yet I haver not really looked. When you do buy wheels do they come ready to be put on? Do they come with all the bearing and everything ready to go or does one have to buy all that too along with the wheels????
some places offer you a choice, you can have the bearings installed for a fee, and for another extra bit some will even mount/balance the tires on for ya....for a fee of course

i really would like 18x3.5 for the front and 18x4.25 for rear

Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Any decent shop will mount and balance the tires for free when you are buying a set of rims and tires. If they want to charge you run the other direction. It usually mean that they do not have the equipment for mounting tires and have to outsource the work.

Drew

Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a set of polished southern mc wheels coming in any day now for my street glide. 21 front 18 rear with matching rotors for 1700 shipped to Hawaii great deal and Randy is super good to deal with. Beats the 3600 I spent for the PM wheels on my softail.

Jay

Old 01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
ummm...ok...my point would be you still have to buy the pulley and the rotors
you mean you dont already have them? my bike came with those.
he asked about wheels, not pulleys and rotors. honestly i think the pulley/rotor/wheel combo is kinda funky looking.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I feel your pain Dude. I just LOVE the 16' wheels. I see so many bikes that have taken them off to put on bigger wheels and I will admit, some are VERY sharp!! I am just a 16" wheel kinda guy. I hope no one takes offense at that either. I see bikes on here that blows mine away. It's just I can't find anything for me, nothing I like or want on my bike. I want to, no I will stay with the 16's even if I have to settle and just keep these factory spokes. I did go to that website that was just mentioned in the front thread but it is now down to $$$$$, or not enough of it! LOL Also, since I have not been able to afford wheels as of yet I haver not really looked. When you do buy wheels do they come ready to be put on? Do they come with all the bearing and everything ready to go or does one have to buy all that too along with the wheels????
i am in the same boat. i am keeping with 16inch wheels. i just odnt like the looks of the big wheels. and cant find anything i like in an alum wheel. i hate the spokes for the tubes and cleaning them living right on the ocean is a bear. but not one style of alum wheel has looked decent on my bike. good old spokes are hard to beat, may just go with some fat spokes

Old 01-18-2012, 04:49 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master

Originally Posted by dieselguy65
you mean you dont already have them? my bike came with those.
he asked about wheels, not pulleys and rotors. honestly i think the pulley/rotor/wheel combo is kinda funky looking.
i was talking about "matching" rotors and pulley to the billet wheels

Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master

Originally Posted by xjayx
Got a set of polished southern mc wheels coming in any day now for my street glide. 21 front 18 rear with matching rotors for 1700 shipped to Hawaii great deal and Randy is super good to deal with. Beats the 3600 I spent for the PM wheels on my softail.

Jay
i agree, his prices are waay better than some of the other's i've been looking at, like PM for instance, ouch