Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roland Sands Tracker Seat and Fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:36 PM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roland Sands Tracker Seat and Fender

Can anybody who used this set up on a Softail tell me where they relocated the negative battery cable to? At the end of my mods and I'm having a problem getting a good ground...at least that's what I think it is. Remapping the T-Max and after running the cycle doesn't seem like the battery has enough left to get the bike started. Had some smoke from the negative cable thinking its a bad ground. Cranks a few times then clicking....any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
jharanin
Road Master

I'm the first person to relocate a ground cable?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
RSD Sales
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jharanin
Can anybody who used this set up on a Softail tell me where they relocated the negative battery cable to? At the end of my mods and I'm having a problem getting a good ground...at least that's what I think it is. Remapping the T-Max and after running the cycle doesn't seem like the battery has enough left to get the bike started. Had some smoke from the negative cable thinking its a bad ground. Cranks a few times then clicking....any help would be appreciated.
The RSD seat kit comes with a small bracket for relocating the multiple grounding wires. The large bolt that goes into the frame, holds this bracket and is used for the main large diameter ground cable.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM
jharanin
Road Master

Originally Posted by RSD Sales
The RSD seat kit comes with a small bracket for relocating the multiple grounding wires. The large bolt that goes into the frame, holds this bracket and is used for the main large diameter ground cable.
Thanks for getting back to me on this subject...used the bracket you are referring to but didn't think that I was getting a good ground due to the rubber bushing surrounding the mounting bolt. I came to find out that the battery was just under powered...had enough to run the lights and such but not enough to crank the the motor. Just a heads up to those doing this mod and using a lithium ion battery use no less than an 8 cell and if possible use a 12 cell...