Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for Rocker owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 10:45 AM
BK26_SLICK_SG
|
Cruiser
Default ? for Rocker owners

Has anyone used the HD touring system passenger seat along with a Danny Grey seat? Any modifications need to be done? Any advice and/or pics on this would be ver helpful.

Old 01-13-2012 | 11:10 AM
LaidInk
Tourer

You'll need to take a grinder to the front bolt area on the struts, they are notched like the frame is to mount over it. I just took it down flush and left the back notch. Thats the only issue ive seen with them maching up.

Old 01-13-2012 | 11:13 AM
LaidInk
Tourer

Oh and your passenger might complain of leaning forward and sliding on the passenger pillion when braking. Mine lets me know everytime she rides but thats just a way to get her close

Old 01-13-2012 | 12:02 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I bought a set off ebay. The guy had sent out the struts for chroming and never ended up using them.
I just need to grind down the front as 2010fxcwcmc did to clear the seat mounting tabs.

Old 01-13-2012 | 01:25 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

As mentioned, just need to do a little grinding to clear the seat tab

Old 01-13-2012 | 04:18 PM
PLHbrian
Cruiser

I had the notch cut at a local machine shop. Did this last year and the few times my wife road on this seat this past summer I got no complaints.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...nger-seat.html

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:45 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Those look great painted red to match Dan.

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:53 PM
roger scarcliff
Advanced

Okay, I'm a little confused here. Are the struts and seat shown on Rocker Dan's bike available from Harley and if so why does the bracket need to be notched? I was going to use the stock set up on the Rocker with some modifications as follows. Remove seat plate from struts. Fabricate or use 3/4 inch square tubing to attach to frame then attach stock struts to fabricated bracket. Weld wider plate to top struts and then weld stock seat plate to the wider plate so stock passenger seat can be used. Stock struts will mount 1 7/8" back from stock mounts on frame. Bolt everything on bike. This set up to be used with the Danny Grey seat.

Old 01-13-2012 | 06:13 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by roger scarcliff
Okay, I'm a little confused here. Are the struts and seat shown on Rocker Dan's bike available from Harley and if so why does the bracket need to be notched?
Yes they are a HD kit meant to be used with the FXCW stock seat that doesn't have the mounting tabs the Danny Gray seat does. The tabs are only about 3/16" thick, but the strut is made to mount flush up against the frame.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 01-13-2012 | 06:54 PM
Turbo3pt3
Cruiser

Now ya all got me thinkin' again. Heck with the rear seat, luggage rack and all that other stuff. How about fabricating a cool sissy bar by welding onto the struts like Roger was talking about. Is it just me, or does anyone else see this on Rocker Dan's bike? I know sissy bars are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of thing, but that picture is talking to me.

Quick Reply: ? for Rocker owners