Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for Rocker owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 07:12 PM
roger scarcliff
Advanced

Thanks for the answers guys, I did a little research and found the answers to my own questions. I guess now I have to decide whether to go with the Harley set up or my own idea. The HD set up would be easier than my idea but would cost more. Turbo has a good idea, maybe with a backrest and sissy bar when riding solo.

Old 01-14-2012 | 09:44 AM
LaidInk
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kowan
Those look great painted red to match Dan.
Agreed. Mine are still the factory grey, cant decide if i want to paint them black to match the frame or chrome them. Also the struts look a whole lot better on a lowered rock, im still at stock height so there is a huge gap in mine

Old 01-14-2012 | 05:31 PM
roger scarcliff
Advanced

Went to dealer today to ask about buying the tour kit and the parts guy said all they had was the backrest pad and would have to order the rest. I said okay and he went to get the pad, well he came back with a big box and said it was the last one. The box had all of the parts and it came with a windshield. Told him that I didn't need a windshield but he said it came as a promotion and was cheaper than buying everything separately plus a 10 0/0 discount and a promotional belt buckle. Came home and installed it with the Danny Grey seat. I turned the seat brackets around on the seat and pushed the brackets between the frame bars. Of course it's not bolted down but it doesn't move. Guess i'l get the struts notched later

Old 01-14-2012 | 09:03 PM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Thumbs up Touring System

Originally Posted by roger scarcliff
Went to dealer today to ask about buying the tour kit and the parts guy said all they had was the backrest pad and would have to order the rest. I said okay and he went to get the pad, well he came back with a big box and said it was the last one. The box had all of the parts and it came with a windshield. Told him that I didn't need a windshield but he said it came as a promotion and was cheaper than buying everything separately plus a 10 0/0 discount and a promotional belt buckle. Came home and installed it with the Danny Grey seat. I turned the seat brackets around on the seat and pushed the brackets between the frame bars. Of course it's not bolted down but it doesn't move. Guess i'l get the struts notched later
Some guys have all the Luck !!!

Old 01-14-2012 | 09:27 PM
torkrollin
Cruiser

hey guys, my wife has a 10' rocker C with fxcw seat on it. she been wanting me to make a solo back rest using the fxcwc passenger seat bracket. she seen the corbin seat and doesnt like it.
any one tried this?

Last edited by torkrollin; 01-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2012 | 06:28 AM
RockerSE
Road Captain

I have a set of the touring struts I would sell. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Old 01-15-2012 | 10:39 AM
LaidInk
Tourer

Originally Posted by torkrollin
hey guys, my wife has a 10' rocker C with fxcw seat on it. she been wanting me to make a solo back rest using the fxcwc passenger seat bracket. she seen the corbin seat and doesnt like it.
any one tried this?
Im not sure if there is enough room with the seat to bolt up the brackets or not, ive never had the pleasure of actually getting my hands on a fxcw seat

Old 01-15-2012 | 11:38 AM
torkrollin
Cruiser

the fxcwc brackets are 3 pieces when you take it off the bike. left and right bracket, and the metal pan that flips out that you put the pad on. the fxcw seat sits farther back but i have already used spacers between the left and right brackets and the mounting location on the bike. the next step is to find something to connect the left and right brackets and will hold a backrest.

Old 01-15-2012 | 12:33 PM
LaidInk
Tourer

Possibly some 3/4 or 1" wide strap, drill a hole for the prongs sticking out and some round stock the same diameter as the prongs on the pass seat bracket to lock it in place when bolted together and some more square or round stock to make it one solid piece for a backrest tO mount to if that makes any sense

Old 01-16-2012 | 04:50 PM
Turbo3pt3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2010fxcwcmc
Im not sure if there is enough room with the seat to bolt up the brackets or not, ive never had the pleasure of actually getting my hands on a fxcw seat
I have a FXCW seat and a FXCWC seat that I would like to part with if anyone would like to experiment.