Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haggling price on 2012 Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Good Job...

Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 AM
TILTED KILT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my first ride on her yesterday!

2012 fat boy lo (black denim). I got the deal of a century. I live right outside Daytona beach so I worked back and forth with 6 dealers making them kick each others ***'s. I was gonna go slightly used but with HD financing at 3.99% on a new one I feel like i did well. I also got V&H big shots/SE race tuner/stag 1. The 1K service and 15% off all goodies for 1 year in the deal. I did not impulse buy I worked back and forth for the past 3 months and finally last day of the month in the last 2 hrs of the day I pulled the trigger. Walking with a final OTD price of $17,800 (for everything). Trust me guys when you think you got the best price on the table call another dealer on the last day of the month and make them a offer with exactly what you want for $500.00 less then the best price you got and tell them " I can head to your dealership right now or Im going to the other dealership. I found that NOT going into the dealership and doing all the main dealings on the net and over the phone is easier and less pressure... Whats the worst thing the 2nd dealer says "no". then you know the deal on the table is truly the best. In my case dealer #2 hated dealer #1 and was willing to beat the dealer rather than make big profits................

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,234 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCalFBLO
save your money and don't buy new, lots of good deals on used bikes....
Tru Dat!!
Way better deal too.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Originally Posted by Phochief
Ok, I'm ready to buy a 2012 Fatboy with $700 chrome wheel option. This will be my first Harley. The price, including freight and dealer fee is about $17,700. What do you think would be a good price to agree on (after some haggling)? I just want to ride away feeling like I got a fair deal.

Thanks,
David
With the 2012s at this time of the year, there really is no haggling. If you want to haggle, wait until July when the 13s are heading into the showrooms and there are 12s left in the showroom. I only see decent haggling on bikes that have been sitting in showrooms 8 or more months unless you are Heritage HD in FWB, Florida. They wanted to tell me that getting an 11 Fat Bob at 13,800 was a good deal, yet they then tried to put back on the price dealer prep, freight, and something else that I cannot remember. It ended up that I could have bought a 12 Fat Bob for 20 more bucks a month and had the color option of Denim as well.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Fhatboy
Advanced

I could not get them off of the MSRP price either but did get them to drop the $350.00 delivery (cuz i'm 25 miles from the plant).

I did however get 15% off all parts for 30 days, and free inspections for life.

Craig

Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

I do not know how some of you got so low of a price...I just bought mine built for me from the factory through Military Car Sales. It will be delivered to Akron, OH in Mid Aug and I have called 5 dealers in the area and no one can come close to the price. I wish they could because with my price guarantee I get the price matched and 300 dollars more off. I paid $18,923.00 plus I still have to pay the tags and taxes of around $1,300.00. I have a 2012 Fat Boy Lo Denim Black ABS/Security 5 Year Extended Warranty with tire protection and roadside assistance. I asked like 5 dealers to make me an offer and they all came back at about $19,000.00 plus taxes and tags and setup fees. I have been haggling since before the confirmation of the 103" engine and never gotten them to budge. I am only a couple hundred below MSRP and felt I should be able to get them to come down on the price but between the Exchange...USAA...and like 5 dealers there has been no wiggle room. Just wondering how someone, anywhere in the country, can get a bike for 16K -17K for a Black Denim With ABS, to include sales taxes and tags, when my price has never been, in 1 year of haggling, lower than $20,223.00 out the door. with ABS black denim and the 103" engine. let alone people who got the same deal plus a stage 1 kit and 30% off MOCO Accessories... What did I do wrong...or is it possible that some people just wanna sound like they got a great deal and kinda inflate the truth a little bit. I would figure bikes in FL and other places would sell a lot cheaper than in NE OH so maybe I got double boned but I don't think so since the Military USAA and 5 dealers in the area all said best we can do is x bud u got us beat. If I can do better how can I do it for my Night Rod Special around town bike?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

Also I made sure to have my delivery date set to this time of year so the 2013 would be in the showroom and I could haggle, but the problem is that no dealership, in my area, has the 2012 in Black Denim and ABS/Security option. I actually have not seen any ABS models in any color at 10 dealerships around the Lake Erie area. So maybe my problem is wanting such a specific color and option package, but if I am gonna be seen on it and moding it out, already bought 6k in goodies, I figure I should get just what I want.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Alaska_FatBoy
Intermediate
Default Fat boy lo

I just purchased my first Harley this year 2012 Fat Boy Lo Brillaint Silver w abs/security package black wheels it was a demo 251 miles $17,500 out the door license/registration. There is no sales tax in Alaska I'm feeling good about it.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM
holdontoyourumlauts
3rd Gear

MY 2011 lo in vivid black no abs and no security. got $1000 off sticker and no freight or setup or dealer fees. I thought i got a pretty good deal. Cape Cod Harley Davidson in Pocassett. Sean Pissaro was my sales rep. Great guy!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,298 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Haggling price? Pick a number, any number, the Dealer doesnt care. You are gonna pay THEIR price if you want the bike.
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

Quick Reply: Haggling price on 2012 Fatboy