Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking it is time to change bars..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012 | 11:24 PM
Nameless.
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireman1501
Or maybe it is just me wanting to change it up again.. Lol but I have not seen a set of 1 1/2" beach bars and think they would look tough..
here are some 1.5" beach bars. they're not drawn over mandrel, but heres an idea of what they would look like

Attached Thumbnails Thinking it is time to change bars..-1.5-b.bars.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012 | 11:28 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

See who makes custom bars too. A place out of Pleasanton sells them.

I am going to try to go to the doctor and see if I have some body problems. But I have been hitting the weights real hard for the last few months and I am thinking that has caused an issue.. It all depends on if I can get my bars sold for a decent price.. I spent a lot of money and time on them to just let them go.. But rather see them on a fellow forum member's ride..
Make sure those supplements actually do something, not fancy stuff. Do you really know if your form while lifting is perfect?

Also, must do core and ab work. Absolutely necessary as much as any other lift/movement/exercise.

Old 01-10-2012 | 12:10 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob, I think your ride will look sick with beach bars or apes...don't matter what you decide to go with. I had the same problem with my old bike, then I switched to beach bars and my shoulder did much better. Don't get me wrong I really love the look of the apes but I can't tolerate the pain, comes from an old shoulder injury. Damm pike pole. Lol.

Old 01-10-2012 | 12:17 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you thought about shorter apes?
Aren't yours 20"ers?

Old 01-10-2012 | 06:20 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last few times I have risen the bike I have been having problems with my hands going numb and shoulders staying tight and cramping up.. So really on the fence on putting the complete bars up for sale.. Now since the apes are getting so popular around here I am thinking of making my own set of beach bars out of 1 1/2" DOM tubing.. Because I have not found a set I like. I like the burley bars but they are stepped 1 1/4" bars.. Now of coarse I will change the headlight to the nacelle style and riser cover to give it a clean look along with all internal wiring, brake lines, and throttle cable.. What do you boys think?

Ive got the burley and I didnt like that they were stepped in the riser area becasue I would have gladly bought 1 1/4 risers but my top clamp has a skirt on the front and that makes it unoticable for the most part. If you are getting the nacelle than I think that covers the whole thing.

Custom bars would be cool but it seems like it would be hard to get the bend exactly the same from side to side since the bars are long and have multiple angles. Boring out a set of 1 1/4 risers would be easy I guess but all and all this project would be a bit of a chore. How do you do the step down for the hand controls?

That being said I hope you do it becasue your write ups are a good read!

Last edited by Motown Strag; 01-10-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2012 | 06:50 AM
Fireman1501
|
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mimo
If you're too puffed you're gonna have vascular "problems", it is kind of normal that your hands and arms get numbed... cut the deca, LOL

Mimo.
Believe me I thought about that easy way out.. But I like my job to much.. Lol

Old 01-10-2012 | 06:58 AM
Fireman1501
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Ive got the burley and I didnt like that they were stepped in the riser area becasue I would have gladly bought 1 1/4 risers but my top clamp has a skirt on the front and that makes it unoticable for the most part. If you are getting the nacelle than I think that covers the whole thing.

Custom bars would be cool but it seems like it would be hard to get the bend exactly the same from side to side since the bars are long and have multiple angles. Boring out a set of 1 1/4 risers would be easy I guess but all and all this project would be a bit of a chore. How do you do the step down for the hand controls?

That being said I hope you do it becasue your write ups are a good read!
I made a set of 1.5" bars for my buddies VRod and loved the way they can out.. The step down was pretty easy.. Just took a 1.25" pipe and a 1" pipe and made it fit into each other and welded her up.. Now the master cylinders was a chore to fit.. I had to cut and replate the area that would hit them.. So there was not a tapper from the 1.5" to the hand controls..

Old 01-10-2012 | 12:14 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

FYI - the Joker Machine JX master cylinder will fit up to 1.5" bars without the notch......

Old 01-10-2012 | 12:17 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

and, yes....... they come in chrome! LMAO!

Old 01-10-2012 | 12:31 PM
Fireman1501
|
Road Master

Lol thanks..

Quick Reply: Thinking it is time to change bars..