Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Heritage Seat and Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
djbiker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the old school spots, but to each his/her own. As for the saddlebags, they come off with a 1/2 inch wrench in about 5 minutes total. Replace the bolts with a chrome allen head bolt and the bike is smooth as a babies bottom and you only spent 5 minutes total.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by djbiker
I like the old school spots, but to each his/her own. As for the saddlebags, they come off with a 1/2 inch wrench in about 5 minutes total. Replace the bolts with a chrome allen head bolt and the bike is smooth as a babies bottom and you only spent 5 minutes total.
^^ this. I bought a handful of spline head fender support screws from the dealer for about $1.80 each.

Looking for some different bags though. Really don't like the square/studded look. I'll sell mine as soon as I pick up a set of springer style sloped bags.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
PowerDude
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Stripped down. I've got barebacks to make bags quick release and quick detachable hardware for the sissy bar. This is the way I ride it most of the time unless I need the bags. Not much for the spots myself, but I'm too cheap to buy bags without. and they do seem to grow on you.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
cb7263
Road Captain

Wasn't sure about the studs, and conchos myself, but they grew on me. The bags come off quick and easy, although I haven't rode the bike without them, YET. The bike came with some chinchy "boots" for the studs when the bags are removed, they actually look like vacuum caps, WTF?
I'll find some better ways of trimming it out later.
Love the bike!
Ride safe

Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM
dilbert
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SigEpRider
I guess what I'm really looking for is to make a stripped down version of the Heritage Softail like I've seen in the pics section. However I would want the option of being able to put back on the saddle bags, etc without having to bolt them back on. Quick conversion in case I have to ride long distances.

I'm new to this softail world and some direction as to how others make that happen would be nice.

Later this month that will be an oem reality. Wait...

Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,293 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerDude

Stripped down. I've got barebacks to make bags quick release and quick detachable hardware for the sissy bar. This is the way I ride it most of the time unless I need the bags. Not much for the spots myself, but I'm too cheap to buy bags without. and they do seem to grow on you.
What seat is that?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
What seat is that?
I think it's an add on pad?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Turned down a pretty good deal on a heritage because I just couldn't deal with the look of the studs....Cost more to do bags and shield on a Deluxe but it was well worth it to me.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 PM
dilbert
Intermediate

I get a ton of comments on my bike regarding its classic look. I really do like the spots. On this bike. It fits the look.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:32 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd stay away from barebacks and easy brackets if I were you. The stick the bags out further and have no lower support, so a fully loaded bag is going to poorly supported. I spent the extra (and it's not nearly as cheap) for bossbags QD brackets. Check out there site for all the details. I also bought the bullet covers for the studs that are left sticking out when you have the bags off. The best part about my Heritage is that in 5 mins I can have the windshield (with stereo), the backrest/luggage rack, rear pillion, and bags off or on, and have a totally different looking ride. Good luck with your mods.
Oh, and I like the studs, but to each their own...

Quick Reply: 2012 Heritage Seat and Saddlebags