Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9.25" Russ Wernimont Rear Fender Has Begun!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 9.25" Russ Wernimont Rear Fender Has Begun!

Finally the process has started!

A little adjusting still needed...getting the fender turned out and dropped another half inch each way where the sissy bar & seat still fits and can still lower it later. I think it will snug up close enough to axle for some Samson duals, which the pipes should go under the rear axle. And Yes I intend to part time bag it still...reason why I went with the signal bar w/ lower lisc. plate.

Also, the tinman just got his chrome guy involved in experimenting satin chrome to match the polished alum...with a few different methods. Beauty part of it I am only getting charged regular costs for light rings, where they are stoked about trying something new on my behalf.

O and last thing...clear led taillight and signal lenses will be swapped to when I finish off the bling this spring.

Fitting pics..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice! Really looks good from all sides.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Are you going to put the stock tail light back on? I'd figure out something else to do instead as well as with the plate and signals.

Drew

Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Are you going to put the stock tail light back on? I'd figure out something else to do instead as well as with the plate and signals.

Drew
I found stock gives more options for covers and all that...probably a low profile LED clear taillight (if such a thing). The Kury signal bar I chose due to our big *** province/state license plate, where I wanted it under....in turn they are shaving it down to flush nicely to the fender where only holes are needed without dimples. Then to make sure Roadking bags don't get in the way when on....only kit that made sense due to this.

The Kury light rings are plastic. They will get a satin chrome paint for now. If it looks like crap, I may have to get a couple machined.

Any suggestions? I am all googled out on this heh.

Cheers.

Last edited by Josewales; 01-03-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Not sure yet, but a quick, thought had me saying wtf? Actually, how about some frenched in leds to the fender like this style.
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...t:429,r:27,s:0

Drew

Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Thanx Drew.

Just got off the phone with the shop. I may go with a clear LED catseye and leave the strut bullets. They suggested setting up a plug and play signal light set up for when the bags are on. Which I agree on keeping the fender clean.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Tinman brought up a good point today...frenched catseye taillight my look ideal, but with bags it may not be as visible. Therefore, going with a pancea taillight and plug and play alloy art strut LED markers. With Roadking leather bags, all lights should be visible 180 degrees.

And it's time to finally do business with Drew!

Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Any good LED taillight whether ti is frenched in or not will be more than bright enough to be seen. I like the idea of a frenched in light much better, but that is just me.

Drew

Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Any good LED taillight whether ti is frenched in or not will be more than bright enough to be seen. I like the idea of a frenched in light much better, but that is just me.

Drew
Hmmm...there are frenched LEDs with built in turn signals? Big reason why I am staring at the Kurys atm to work together with the strut markers.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be able to french in 3 separate LED arrays to give you brake/turn signals.
Wouldn't be DOT approved, but neither are the strut lights.

Quick Reply: 9.25" Russ Wernimont Rear Fender Has Begun!