Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones

My Winter mods continue and I've added the last piece of RSD Contrast parts to the bike last week. I re-installed the chrome AC cover to see what it looks like now that the engine is darker, and I'm liking the compliment to the contrast parts and keeps it from looking too dark and boring.

I took some with a flash, and some without.

Attached Thumbnails New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1408.jpg   New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1409.jpg   New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1410.jpg   New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1411.jpg   New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1412.jpg  

Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master

One last look:

Attached Thumbnails New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones-dscn1413.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks good. Really dresses the engine up.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Looking good. Slap on a PM merc ac to really set it off! J/K LOL. It's perfect as it is.

Drew

Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Jaburg1
Road Master

Drew,

I just checked out that AC cover you mentioned and you're right, looks VERY nice! I really need to stop, though! My bike is turning out much different than what i originally thought when I first bought it. I'm both surprised and very happy.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jaburg1
Drew,

I just checked out that AC cover you mentioned and you're right, looks VERY nice! I really need to stop, though! My bike is turning out much different than what i originally thought when I first bought it. I'm both surprised and very happy.
It's always nice when things turn out differently than you imagined. My bike is completely different than I imagined.

Drew

Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

all part of the fun and enjoyment isnt it gents?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:06 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaburg, that looks good...it's ashame they don't do the lower rocker box to black out the top end. I almost bought those but have other mods I wanted to do a little more. I'll post some pics once I get things back from the PCer and bolted on.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master

Originally Posted by jharanin
Jaburg, that looks good...it's ashame they don't do the lower rocker box to black out the top end. I almost bought those but have other mods I wanted to do a little more. I'll post some pics once I get things back from the PCer and bolted on.

Even if RSD had the lowers, I wouldn't have bought them because I wanted the contrast look between tops and bottoms. I could've bought the HD lowers and it would've been fine, but for the style of my bike, too much black would ruin the look. Also, I think too much of one thing is boring and doesn't draw the eye to anything in particular. Just my opinion, of course.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I was talking to a buddy at PM (where the RSD parts are manufactured) last week and was telling him they need to make a matching transmission cover. PM makes one that is similar but it is for a hydraulic clutch.

The only hogs that I know that come with a hydraulic clutch are the CVO's. Us regular guys needs some options here. A CVO is so far from my budget it is not funny and even if I could afford it I would not buy it as I would rather spend the extra building my own ride.

Drew

Quick Reply: New RSD Rocker Cover on my Crossbones