Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with rocker c grip change

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with rocker c grip change

ok ive done the fly by wire and i know to put a little something between the lever to keep from messing up brake switch. but not done dual cable so is there any thing i might need to know about the cables? and do you stick something between the brake lever just like fly by wire? dont mean to sound stupid but havnt done cable throttle before.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

frozen , i have done this 3 times
you will need to loosen throttle-idle cable up to get slack to take the ferrels out
i dont know how far ya got , pick up the service manual its in there remember which is which as well, the other side is much eaiser (clutch side) did you buy new harley grips?
if ya did the new ones dont need glue

Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 AM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mike, havnt bought them yet, but by end of day ill decide and purchase. i really like some of the kuryacan and yes i know my spelling sucks, thanks very much for the fast answer. be safe out there.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Manual is a good thing to have

Originally Posted by frozensoul
ok ive done the fly by wire and i know to put a little something between the lever to keep from messing up brake switch. but not done dual cable so is there any thing i might need to know about the cables? and do you stick something between the brake lever just like fly by wire? dont mean to sound stupid but havnt done cable throttle before.

Hey Frozen, I've got an 07 Fatboy so things may be a little different but this may be close enough to help. FYI you may be able to purchase an electronic manual on eBay (PDF format) pretty cheap.....mine was less tham $20.00. I refer to it all the time. Even had schematics.

I'll see if I can send you a few pages on throttle adjustment. Hope these help.......good luck!