Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone see this new Speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dieselguy65
which dakota did you get? i am looking at them. to change out so i can get a tach and indicatiors all in the speedo head. right now i just have a speedo, and no indicators or tach. could actually care less about the idiot lights and fuel guage, dont have or need either, but i would like a tach with out hanging another thing on my bars.
Thats the reason I got mine.. After being smoked by a couple of friends and their baggers, i invested into a bunch of motor work and i needed a tach! The speedo/tach that MoCo had was obsolete for my 04 Fatboy, and i didnt want to hang anything else on my bars to mess the lines, so I went with the Dakota Digital... Now dont get me wrong... It is very bitchin! It measures 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times, clock, speed and the tach i wanted... But i lost the "nostalgia" flow of my bike.. And i do miss that.. If you like digital numbers, i definitely recommend one!
_jason_

Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
KUJOE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$400.00 ??????????? To much

Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike NY
Here is a new speedo from Kuryakyn. Although I like the oem speedo on my Deluxe, this may be a cool option.

Since it is a new product it remains to be seen if it's really any good..

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/406...r-04-11-Models

Mike
NY
The reason that I didn't buy one of these is that it requires a dash pod to install. I just didn't want something sticking up above the factory console.

BTW, I don't know why everyone is bitching about the price. At $400, it's still cheaper than installing a Harley speedo/tach combination.

Last edited by FBFletch; 12-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

Originally Posted by av8or
A hundy more than HD. Not bad. I'll put it on the list after all the other things on it.
+1 added to the list.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Karnevil
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, i dont get why the newer model Harely's are cheaper to install a tach/speedo ($249?) compared to pre-'08 models are $499! WTF?
stock is fine for me for awhile.
unless someone wants to sell me one that they are changing out. i wouldnt mind a Dakota Digital. been looking at those anyway.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

im still trying to get used to haveing the speedo on a needle with my stock guages. Im used to sport bikes all mine had digital speed and needle for the tach. I much preffer it that way i dont like having a digital tach and a needle speedo. Just my opinion.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

I like the H-D one with the tach better.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Thats the reason I got mine.. After being smoked by a couple of friends and their baggers, i invested into a bunch of motor work and i needed a tach! The speedo/tach that MoCo had was obsolete for my 04 Fatboy, and i didnt want to hang anything else on my bars to mess the lines, so I went with the Dakota Digital... Now dont get me wrong... It is very bitchin! It measures 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times, clock, speed and the tach i wanted... But i lost the "nostalgia" flow of my bike.. And i do miss that.. If you like digital numbers, i definitely recommend one!
_jason_

thats sweet, wont work on mine. the one i been looking at sits on the bars. i have a 'nonstock' tank. the filler is in the center flushe mounted. i been looking at the dakota that sits on the bars. kind of oval ish shaped. thats where my current speedo is. i really miss having a tach, but just cant bring myself to hang one on the bars

Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I need to understand the Dash Pod thing. I figured the street price would be closer to $300.

I currently have a Riser mounted Tach and I'm taking off as part of my Winter projects. I like having the Tach but not sticking up between the Apes.

I also wanted to stay with a needle type speedo.

I'd be more concerned about the product reliability. I was hoping someone had already bought one... I hate being the test dummy..

UPDATE: Went back to the instructions. I see that it doesn't mount flush in the Console. That's a deal breaker for me...

I was really liking it...

Mike
NY

Last edited by Mike NY; 12-30-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<insert argument about $400 here>

hmm i like my HD Digital Speedo/Analog Tach combo.. simple and looks good.. if only I could change the LED color on it.. i'd rather it be blue than orange. but oh well.

Quick Reply: Anyone see this new Speedo?