Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 kit with SERT or Chrome Forks???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 01:22 PM
got9seconds
|
Advanced
Default Stage 1 kit with SERT or Chrome Forks???

I have a real dilemma! I know I will get different responses, but I would like to hear them!

I have a 2010 FLSTC Heritage and I am running Freedom Performance True Duals without a stage 1 kit. The bike runs real nice. Now I have enough money to either buy a stage 1 kit with a HD-SERT or to get chrome front fork sliders. Which one should I do??? I love to go fast and mess around racing with my fellow riders, but also feel the need to clean up the front end of my bike. Can you really feel the difference in the tuner kit, and is it worth the money? Or is there not much difference where the money would be better spent on the chrome sliders? I am really torn!!!

What do you all think??

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:02 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior

If you're really worrying about how the bike looks, you'll probably get more for the money with the chrome front end kit. If you want your bike to run better, I'd go with the SERT. I have the 2010 also without the chrome forks, so you can see how it looks with the work I've done, but I have done the Stage 1 with SERT.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/5361005894/http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/5361005894/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/pccoder/, on Flickr

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:25 PM
henrybennett
Cruiser

I'd go Stage 1

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:28 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

I have stage 1 and chrome forks. I think if you like the way your bike runs then do the lowers. Chroming the lowers is the best mod I did to improve the looks of the bike

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:43 PM
got9seconds
|
Advanced

Beautiful bikes guys!!! Do you see why I am torn? I want both, but for now I would take the performance if it is noticeably better? I guess that is my question when it comes down to it! Is adding the stage 1 noticeably better? If it is just a subtle difference then I'll go with the chrome lowers.

Attached Thumbnails Stage 1 kit with SERT or Chrome Forks???-img_1699.jpg   Stage 1 kit with SERT or Chrome Forks???-img_1700.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011 | 06:06 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

id say when i did stage one, i went from stock, to pipes, intake, and SERT. There was quite a noticeable difference in acceleration, so its definitely worth the money. I also started getting 55mpg afterwards. So it eventually pays for itself if you can stay off the throttle to hear the pipes roar. I want chrome forks for mine, but just dumped 2 grand into hard bags and mounts.

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:21 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Talking performance and TD's in the same sentence with a stock motor does not make sense. I'd still do stage 1 AND polish the forks. Cheap, easy and great results.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/chass...ml#post5324986

Old 12-28-2011 | 09:03 AM
got9seconds
|
Advanced

2010DeluxeGuy and KumaRide - Thanks so much for your input! Special thanks to KumaRide for the link on polishing the front forks!!

I will do exactly that! I will go with Stage 1 and SERT as you both suggested and then sit down with my beer and start polishing!!

Thank You!!

Old 12-28-2011 | 10:50 AM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kozy22
I have stage 1 and chrome forks. I think if you like the way your bike runs then do the lowers. Chroming the lowers is the best mod I did to improve the looks of the bike
I've had both, and I have to say the best "show" mod I've ever done is the forks. As for the "go", stage one wakes it up a lot, but why not get the forks then save up for some cams? Either way, you'll be happy, and either way, you'll end up getting both, and then some. The spending never stops...

Old 12-29-2011 | 07:35 AM
got9seconds
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
I've had both, and I have to say the best "show" mod I've ever done is the forks. As for the "go", stage one wakes it up a lot, but why not get the forks then save up for some cams? Either way, you'll be happy, and either way, you'll end up getting both, and then some. The spending never stops...

You are so right about the spending! I think my wish list is at least a couple legal pages long! Thanks for the opinion! Have a Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Stage 1 kit with SERT or Chrome Forks???