Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise/Throttle Assist Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a friction lock that grips the throttle, just hard enough to hold its position but allows you to twist it up of down. It just slips over the end of the throttle. It rests against the brake lever. Very clever.

http://www.amazon.com/2Wheel-Ride-GC...5793655&sr=8-2

Last edited by JakesDad1; 01-05-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by arden1
2010 fatboy low. Started with Brakeaway cruise which I have used on other bikes. Works good but not like real cruise so I went with the Cruisemount which isn't cheap but worth every penny if you are a long distance rider. Easy install and holds speed within 1 mph. 2 speeding tickets and it's paid for.
I didn't even know such a thing was out there to be honest... You're right, not cheap. It's gonna go on my wish list, but at that price it might never make it off the list...

Old 01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

This turned into a very informative thread with a lot of "cruise" options. I too am going to need one of these units.

Thanks for posting the links

Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
djbiker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
I didn't even know such a thing was out there to be honest... You're right, not cheap. It's gonna go on my wish list, but at that price it might never make it off the list...
You got that right, for my 07 Heritage, it's $1,048.59, I guess they can KEEP IT!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Cruise-Mate. It works as advertised and is cost effective. As already stated you may have to adjust the throttle on incline or decline but for the money it has more than paid for itself in my opinion. If you have any hand, shoulder, etc. issues this handy little device will give them a rest. I just push the lever forward with my thumb to engage and push back with my index finger to release. It doesn't take long to figure out how mush pressure is needed on the lever so it will hold the throttle and also be able to make slight adjustments when needed. One of the best mods I've made for comfort!

Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester750
I use this:

It's a "Barefoot Willie's throttle Tender"
It easily clips on the star thing under your throttle and works effortlessly.
It costs about $9.00 on e-Bay with free shipping from the seller motorgirl63

Here is the website.
http://www.barefootwillies.com/index...&products_id=7
Oh, I'm getting on of these. Damn near impossible to turn that little star wheel with or without gloves on.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale M Ludwig
I went with the Cruise Buddy, you take out Harley's threaded mechanical cruise and bolt in the Cruise Buddy. A short flip and its locked down, also adjustable and can be used with gloves on. The Cruise Mate you have to drill a hole then use a tap to thread the hole. Not too good with stuff like that. Kuryakyn hasn't made a magnetic cruise yet for the 2011 Heritage because Harley changed the wiring for 2011.
+1. You can't beat the quality and functionality of this for older bikes with non-electronic cruise.

C#

Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Lots of good options here for manual cruise controls. The throttle boss types just bug the heck out of me.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM
JOZ812
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also considering the kuryakyn magnetic cruise. The thing i like about it is with any touch of either the brake, clutch levers it disengages. Where with the manual locks you have to consciously disengage them. Which is fine if you don't have to do it in a hurry.
My biggest complaint with the kuryakyn setup is you are stuck with their choice of grips.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm a throttle rocker guy too. Been using varying brands for years. People always look at it and ask questions. I could not imagine riding without one.

Drew

Quick Reply: Cruise/Throttle Assist Input