Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

balance beads??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 PM
prost34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balance beads??

Anyone tried the balance beads in there tires? does it work?,thinking bout them when i get my fat spokes soon,,

Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Dyna beads rock. Waiting for some for the tires I just put on today. The ride is smooth as silk with them.

Drew

Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
prost34
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Dyna beads rock. Waiting for some for the tires I just put on today. The ride is smooth as silk with them.

Drew
great,have to add them to my list for you when i order my wheels/tires soon,,can i get a package deal drew,air ride,rims,tires,rotors etc. mounted and balanced?

Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They work great have had them a couple years now no issues and nice and smooth

Old 12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

They work great. Since I change my own tires I don't have to go get them balanced. You can reuse them if you want to gather them out of the old tire. I just add new beads.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I gottem they kick ***.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I can't believe this thread is 6 posts long without someone pointing out how many threads have addressed opinions and observations about these magical little beads. Zoom Splatt riders have been using them for years.
They work well, tube or tubeless. Takes no special skills to install. Engraver or even an electric toothbrush expedites installation in the valve stem on tubeless tires. Just dump them in a tubeless tire while mounting. Use safety valve cores so the air doesn't leak out if a bead gets in the stem when checking air pressure. Etc, Etc.....

Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Search the internet for balance bead problems and you will find that there are mixed reviews. I think that since motorcycle tires do not last that long, any of the claimed problems with beads are not an issue.

If you are DIY, then they probably will help.

If you do the tires in a shop, I think it is six of one a half dozen of the other.

An out of round wheel, otoh, might not respond well to them so over time they could become destructive on improperly maintained laced wheels by trying to make a wheel balanced that cannot be balanced and thus over working the suspension when compared to not having them at all (the wheel would basketball more, not less).

One question that makes sense... why wouldn't they come stock on your bike if they are so good?

C#

Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Why wouldn't pipes and air cleaner or tuner for that matter. Seems like they always do the bare minimum, nOt exceed minimum standards just enough like a home builder. I gottem on my fat spokes no tubes they seem to be fine.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:40 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Dyna beads work very well, we have been using them for over a year now and have had great results.

Originally Posted by prost34
Anyone tried the balance beads in there tires? does it work?,thinking bout them when i get my fat spokes soon,,

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Quick Reply: balance beads??