Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What pipes to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

I have the V&H staggered short shots on my Night Train and I'm very happy with the looks and sound.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:49 PM
NL T-Roy
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lavromat
Got the Vance and Hines Dual Exhausts on the same Deluxe you have. Great classic look, not too loud, not too quiet. You can definitely hear the rumble, especially when you're surrounded by solid and roomy areas, i.e. any type of ally or covered parking structure.
That's what I am looking for.... Not to loud and not too quiet, looking for the happy medium... Will check these pipes out for sure! Thanks

Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Here it is: Great pipes of different lengths and colors, no CATS, and you can adjust the sound of the pipes yourself!

http://www.patriotpipes.com/

Old 12-21-2011, 05:57 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Out of the 8 sets of pipes I have had on my bike it is difficult to choose one as my favorite as I like one for one reason, another for a different reason etc. I have run whatever came on it when I bought the bike used (no name on the pipes), Vance and Hines Side Shots, Samson fishtails (3 different sets), a D&D fatcat, a set of of Big Growl up and outs, and a set of Hooker Rebel long slash cuts. I am currently running the Samson super cholo's like tq745 has on his ride int eh pic above.

Drew

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Vikingur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lavromat
Got the Vance and Hines Dual Exhausts on the same Deluxe you have. Great classic look, not too loud, not too quiet. You can definitely hear the rumble, especially when you're surrounded by solid and roomy areas, i.e. any type of ally or covered parking structure.

Also recommend the V&H softail duals on the Deluxe. I get compliments all the time on looks and sound. Even if you don't choose the V&H, definitely listen to the dudes who've recommended the true duals. They'll look sick on the 'luxe.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:22 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Out of the 8 sets of pipes I have had on my bike it is difficult to choose one as my favorite as I like one for one reason, another for a different reason etc. I have run whatever came on it when I bought the bike used (no name on the pipes), Vance and Hines Side Shots, Samson fishtails (3 different sets), a D&D fatcat, a set of of Big Growl up and outs, and a set of Hooker Rebel long slash cuts. I am currently running the Samson super cholo's like tq745 has on his ride int eh pic above.

Drew
Wow, 8 sets! Too bad they are not "quick change" like a pair of shoes. One set for each occasion.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

After 8 sets they are considered quick change. LOL.

Drew

Old 12-23-2011, 02:37 AM
altaicnomads
Novice
Default vance hince 2 into 1 big radius on a 2005 Fatboy... customized in Turkey.RK bags etc

2005 Fatboy customized in Turkey

Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
dexterdave
Cruiser

Samson's are cool...

Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 AM
altaicnomads
Novice

you can see fishtails on my album

Quick Reply: What pipes to get?