Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce vs Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2003 Anniv Deuce ten years ago new. Primarily for the looks of bike. It was different from anything MoCo offered at the time. If I had to do it all over over, I may consider a springer for looks, but the Deuce appealed to me and I have no regrets at all. I dont plan on selling my Deuce as I have ridden it all over, before I bought an FLHR to tour with. Like others have said figure out what you want to do with your choice of bike and the right decision will come to you. Either way, you won't go wrong. I routinely ride my Deuce 200-300 miles with no problems, I'm pushing 50 years-old. Don't worry about parts, plenty out there. My 2 cents says put your dough into the motor and make it scream!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You gotta ride both. I like the heavy mass look of the big Harleys myself, and they're gonna beat you less on long rides.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal74
...I say buy the Heritage. If you need to carry some things, you won't have to bungee them on and look like a gypsy!
Who you callin' a gypsy? LOL.

Attached Thumbnails Deuce vs Heritage?-sequoia-national-park-trip-june-04-016.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

I ride a Fatboy Lo and love the floorboards, will never go back to pegs. As far as the Deuce/Heritage, the 21 inch skinny front tire doesnt track well on the highway and roads, the wider tire on the heritage give a bigger track and better ride. Its your decision, but with my experience, the heritage will give you a better ride. Good luck.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 PM
deucerdeuce
Novice

The Deuce and Heritage have the same frame, balanced engine, transmission, they are softails afterall. Realizing nobody likes their baby called ugly each bike offers a bit difference experience. The Deuce is going to eat up the road more aggresively and is very responsive no cages type ride the Heritage gives you storage a wide front tire but she lumbers a bit. You can ride either hundreds of miles a day. Any bike needs to be set up to fit the driver no matter which one you get.

If you want to ride long distances with less fatigue then you need a bike with the Touring frame.

Have fun as you search no matter which one you decide on, you might find a reliable dealer and sales staff who will really answer your questions and show you how the bikes can be set-up, not someone who just wants you to buy something and be gone. Oh and their are plenty of parts for the Deuce really not a problem or something I would let sway my decision.

Deuce

Old 12-25-2011, 08:12 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a deuce...
I love the looks of the deuce over the heritage...
I'm not a big fan of floor boards,as my feet tend to fall asleep if I don't move them around..
Hate studs and sissy bars...
That being said....
I'd buy a heritage...
Already has a removable shield... Has a sissy bar... Has big *** bags...
You don't have to buy that stuff now... I'd put up with the boards, Add pegs to the highway bar...
Trade the seat and bags out by selling or trading for springer classic type.., make sissy bar detachable...

On the deuce... It looks better, but you will spend a ton for a shield... Goofy sissy bar, and uglish type throw over bags... Change the handle bars and seat...

Heritage!!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:39 AM
elkhunter719
Cruiser
Default Goin' riding!

Weather looks to be warmer today and I am actually off from work. Hell yeah. I found a dealer that, if the inventory list is correct on the web site, they actually have both year, make and models of the the two rides I am considering in stock as used bikes. These are NOT the two I am considering as those are both private sales but they are both in the same location for me to drive and compare.
Hope that by the end of the day I'll have a good idea which way I want to go. I appreciate all the great comments and who knows, I might not get either but it will be fun looking. I have a good idea that the Heritage I was considering will be sold. I wanted to look at it last Friday but the seller could not meet with me that day. Since then I noticed he has several offers on line for the bike. Not a huge issue as I am finding there are a lot of late model years of that bike out there. For those that commented about the cost of add on's for the Deuce, it already has windshield, better/brighter halogen headlight, bigger pegs and small luggage rack/sissy bar. It also has original SE slip on's and some "flame" chrome bling crap added. Other than some bags and possible seat that is all I would be looking at adding. Checked on insurance rates and there is not a lot of difference so no issue there.
Thanks again and will add comments once I have ridden both.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 AM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Heritage, but you have to enjoy the classic looks and have a vision for your "end product." It's not for everyone.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 PM
elkhunter719
Cruiser
Default Made a decision!

Got a chance to ride a Heritage and a Deuce today and as I suspected they were much different. Neither one was set up exactly as I had hoped but they were both close to the two I have been considering. I am going to sleep on it but I think I have made my decision. Going to try to make a deal tomorrow if both of the bikes I was originally looking at are still available. This is not easy. With where I am in my life this might be the last bike I get for a long time. I'll post pictures if it works out.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by elkhunter719
...I am going to sleep on it but I think I have made my decision...
So!!! What is the decision? Good luck.

Quick Reply: Deuce vs Heritage?