Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatcat is on!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Funny how we all be diff..
I've alway liked the FC''s, but have always thought the Fugly one's were the TH'ers. Both are great systems.
Agreed. One of the things that caused me to chose the FC over the TH was that I just don't like the shape of the collector on the TH.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates..? Did they change the bend of the rear pipe at all....?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
joejack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did an update thread about a week ago. The original pipe was slightly out of spec. Leonard sent me a new headpipe which solved the problem. Awesome customer service and pipe!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joejack
I did an update thread about a week ago. The original pipe was slightly out of spec. Leonard sent me a new headpipe which solved the problem. Awesome customer service and pipe!!!
Same here. Except my original head pipe was WAY off. When I lined up the front pipe with the head port, the rear pipe was at least 1/4" toward the front of the bike from lining up with the head port. The rear pipe was so tight against the cam housing I couldn't even tighten up the exhaust bolts.

D&D sent me out a new pipe. It took three weeks to get the new pipe because they had to fabricate a new one and send it out to get chromed. I received it a few days ago. It was a bit of a pain to install but I finally got it lined up. I ended up placing a 1/4" piece of wood trim molding between the rear head pipe and the cam housing to keep some spacing while I tightened everything up. And, I had a little trouble getting the rear exhaust bolts tightened down enough to keep the rear flange from leaking (as evidenced by it fogging up the oil tank).

When I finally got everything tightened and removed the wooden trim piece I ended up with about 1/8" clearance between the rear pipe and the cam housing. I took the bike out for a long enough ride to get the exhaust good and hot and the clearance didn't seem to change.

It seems like there is a noticeable improvement in seat of the pants performance which is pretty impressive given that this engine is pretty tweaked already.

There's also a pretty dramatic difference in the sound. I got the Big Boar baffle and the Fatcat is much louder than the V&H Big Shot Staggered and has a much deeper, throatier sound.

As it stands now, I'm very happy with the Fatcat. However, I'll be able to give a more quantitative report on the Fatcat (compared to the Big Shots) when I take the bike back to the dyno in a few weeks.