Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatcat is on!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I removed the previous exhaust mount and used the steel strap that D&D supplied.
It measures approx. 12" long X 1" wide X 1/4" thick.
It attached to the lowest part of the frame with 2 bolts spaced about an inch apart. The bolt holes are located behind and below where the muffler and the header pipes are joined together. The c/l of the 2 bolt holes used to attach the mounting strap are located approx. 7" directly below the passenger foot peg hole.
My SE Fat Boy is a 2005 so maybe your newer frame attach points are different.
Good luck,
Tom

Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Fatcat for my '01 Fatboy. Now I'm a little skeptical. May have to wait now to see how the OP resolves this with D&D.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

D&Ds are great pipes. Mine has very little clearance at the cam cover too. I don't have an issue with the passenger peg though. That must be due to the newer frames on the 07 and up?

Old 12-19-2011, 01:51 AM
joejack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This pipe looks, sounds and performs awesome! It is the second fatcat I have had and Im confident I will get it resolved through d&d. To be honest, I could probably leave it as is without major damage to the pipe. In just worried it will wear through the pipe or further damage the finish of the cam cover over time. I will update after I talk to d&d.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines extremly close to the came cover as well but no problems with the foot plates either..Gotta say though, I've been pondering putting some Samsons on as soon as the Apes are finished but Love the Fat Cat growl a little to much to part with it right now, Lol...

Last edited by Jd Swiper; 12-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll have to admit when I contacted D&D recently, gave them the specs on my bike, and asked them which baffle would be best for my bike, they were extremely helpful. They seem like some pretty decent folks from what I can tell.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

This is a new one for me. D&D and Lenard are great people to work with which is why I love to sell their products. In this situation I don't know what to do or say. Situations like this are always difficult for me as there is only so much I can can do but as the vendor who sold the part, I feel partially responsible. What can I do to make this better?

Drew

Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

D&D is a good pipe, installed several on bikes here at the shop. Always without issue.

I hope you get your fitment problem solved because it looks good on your bike!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 PM
joejack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, d&d is out for the holidays till 01/02 so I will have to wait for an answer. I think I'm gonna experiment with different exhaust gaskets, because I have read people having to try several different gaskets to get the clearance needed. Drew I may call you at some point this week and get your opinion, I appreciate you posting.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Jason, the RSD cam cover is about 2 1/8" deep whereas the stock covers flat portion is about 1.85".

The Clarity cover looks to be a bit different than the Nostalgia cover I have as it is flat across the top and mine has fins on it.

Drew

Quick Reply: Fatcat is on!