Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Heritage Springer Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Still waiting on the tins to come back.

Got the LA Choppers Nice Curves mocked up. Replaced upper tree with a Carlini FSAP2. The FSAP2 is made for the FL springers.

Also moved the front signals to under the aux lights. Picked up the old Bubba relo brackets, now offered from Legends Motorcycles. Had to order specific hardware from boltdepot.com to mount the signals to the relo brackets...Can't wait to get clear lenses on there, and go with the smooth glass lights too.

I like the way these bars are narrow. Matches and flows well with the springer front end, IMHO.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have said it before and I have seen some others on here say the same exact thing. I, We, You too apperantly get just as much fun out of working on them, tinkering on them, mod'ing them out and making that all nice, new, pretty and shiny just as much if not more then riding them or awful damn close! Looks good Dude. I have made up my mind a 2nd bike is on my agenda and I can't wait to get it and start on that one now too. I wanted a new SG, not sure now if it's that or an old shovel to completely redo. I miss my Ol 70 Electra-Glide BAD as of late! You should be proud and take pride in all you do cause it does show!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by anubisss
That looks great. I love the look of the nice curves.

Drew
Thanks Drew, they came from you guys. Would have picked up the FSAP2 as well, but I think Carlini isn't letting others sell those.

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I have said it before and I have seen some others on here say the same exact thing. I, We, You too apperantly get just as much fun out of working on them, tinkering on them, mod'ing them out and making that all nice, new, pretty and shiny just as much if not more then riding them or awful damn close! Looks good Dude. I have made up my mind a 2nd bike is on my agenda and I can't wait to get it and start on that one now too. I wanted a new SG, not sure now if it's that or an old shovel to completely redo. I miss my Ol 70 Electra-Glide BAD as of late! You should be proud and take pride in all you do cause it does show!

Tony, appreciate the kind words. In all honesty, it's so much fun working on these bikes, at least for me. I love to see how things are put together, and quite literally, I've taken much of this bike apart, just to clean it up and polish the chrome. I do enjoy it just as much as riding, and in the end, I know my bike so much better than I imagined I would. I never imagined I'd have so much fun working on this scoot, but it's been awesome.

I am proud of these two, and thankful for having a most understanding wife. Knowing that I've done 99% of the work in my own garage is gratifying.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:04 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Following along... Looks good so far....

Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice project! Nice Bike! Keep the photos coming!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hspring03
Following along... Looks good so far....
You've done well with yours as well. Thanks again for the info for the rear signals.

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Nice project! Nice Bike! Keep the photos coming!
I plan to get some more pics up soon, with the FSAP2 in more detail. When I was looking for stuff, I couldn't find much...

And you've got a nice looking springer as well!

It's killing me to have only a vision of the end result....I am anxious to get it back together, if only to look at it til spring gets here...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

great looking bike , love those bars with the springer !
looks like the perfect bike for you , completely different from the SG

Old 01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome job and a great looking Springer Classic. I have never liked the 03 Black and Silver but it goes well with the Classic look.

I am also waiting on LA Chopper Nice Curves for my SB and I hope they look as good as yours do on the Springer.

Now I need to start looking for a Springer to get to work on

Karsten

Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fish eye
Thanks guys. It was really important to me as well to keep the integrity of the factory paint as well.

After dropping the tins off yesterday, I am going to have them fill in the hole on the rear fender for the passenger pad. Also, they're going to see if the light bracket for the 2008 Street Glides will fit the rear fender. The holes I drilled can be filled if needed. This way, it includes the plate mount and lights as well.

I really am happy with the way things are going on this bike. It's really going to look good when it gets back together.

Last night, the bars showed up too:

When I first started to consider a second bike (I traded a 2009 Deluxe with < 800 miles for my SG), I was leaning towards a Deluxe. Having the HS, I'm really happy that I decided to go this route.

Thanks for looking!
If you like the tombstone tail light, you can get a kit from softbrake that mounts the place below the tail light. A lot of the Deluxe riders in the forum have done that mod.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
If you like the tombstone tail light, you can get a kit from softbrake that mounts the place below the tail light. A lot of the Deluxe riders in the forum have done that mod.
I went that route on my Deluxe, even though I only kept it for a little while.

And I decided to go the same route on the HS. Softbrake Tombstone and a Deluxe plate bracket, cause it needs to be longer than the HS one since I'm putting the signals down there. Also got a LED plate frame from Custom Dynamics too.

Quick Reply: 2003 Heritage Springer Restoration