Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be the + or - to an 18" rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I think its worth it.I would not really call it a hassle.Its a bolt on deal.Just a few extra bucks for the tire. I am very happy with the DB rear 18 WWW.if you are going spend the hard earned bucks on new wheels go with the 18 and show that rear wheel off. You can barley see the 16" rear wheel.There is a big difference between the two (looks wise).

My concern is more if I blow a tire, I'd like to be able put a new tire on right away. At least with the front I could put the stock on while I wait ( Ive never done the rear before)

You have any pics showing off the 18" rear WW

Last edited by kozy22; 12-15-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Cmon Tommy, show Kozy what a SICK A** rear 18 looks like. Its a shame that you dont have any "UPDATED" pics of that nasty Deluxe you got bro. Ive seen them, but Dont be stingy. lol

Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
truckin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you blew a tire am sure db could rush one to you. i got mine in a lil over a week and its a nice looking tire. just keep your stocks

Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wheel

Debating this myself. Those of you running 21 up front. When I do wheels it will be at least another year before I could do any lowering. So are there any issues running a 16/21 combo or 18/21 combo?? high speed wobble etc...? Ether combo better than the other?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Kozy,

A couple advantages that come to mind are obviously you can see more of the rim going with an 18" rear wheel and the lower profile tire looks good. No cons that we've noticed because there is still enough side profile on the tire to provide a good ride. As was said earlier, if you like white walls they will have to be Vee Rubber or custom made as they do not come in that size.

Also, handling wont be any different because the outer diameter of a 16" tire vs. a 18" tire is very similar - not enough to make a difference in the handling.

Happy to hear that you will be thinking about wheels in the next couple of months, take a moment to check out what we have to offer on our site.

Originally Posted by kozy22
Maybe looking at new wheels come tax time and was wondering the pros and cons of going to an 18" rear wheel are?

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Forge,

As mentioned in my previous post the outer diameter on the 16" and 18" tires are the same, so there is no difference that would cause high speed wobble with one versus another. We have sold a lot of both of these sizes to our customers and the feedback that we have gotten has been very positive.

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions around the time you are looking for wheels.

Originally Posted by Forge
Debating this myself. Those of you running 21 up front. When I do wheels it will be at least another year before I could do any lowering. So are there any issues running a 16/21 combo or 18/21 combo?? high speed wobble etc...? Ether combo better than the other?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Yeah, Truckin, Tab is great to work with. The guy knows what Customer service is all about. I ordered mine on a monday and it was to me in a couple of days, but I also live in TN and hes in SC. The guy rivals Drew and Dr. Vtwin in customer service.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:44 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryD
Yeah, Truckin, Tab is great to work with. The guy knows what Customer service is all about. I ordered mine on a monday and it was to me in a couple of days, but I also live in TN and hes in SC. The guy rivals Drew and Dr. Vtwin in customer service.
Country, you find a new bike yet

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Kozy, Ive been looking. Prob gonna be around first of year before I pull the trigger on something. Cant wait to start "Modding" again.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryD
Cmon Tommy, show Kozy what a SICK A** rear 18 looks like. Its a shame that you dont have any "UPDATED" pics of that nasty Deluxe you got bro. Ive seen them, but Dont be stingy. lol
My BROTHA !!! hows it going Gary. Good to hear from you man.Believe it or not I am still having trouble posting pics. I just about given up at this point.

Quick Reply: What would be the + or - to an 18" rear