Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost A Close Friend/Fellow Rider And Need Something To Remember Him By On Our Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011 | 10:59 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

I am sorry for your loss.I would try to think of an element or piece of his life all of you knew of and that you related to him.Something as simple as his red high top converse or a favorite song.Something he loved and you all knew he loved.Most of us have a connection to something other than out scooter.We lost a friend who had a beater 55 Chevy that was his true love.We had a small stencil made and passed it from friend to friend to apply as they saw fit.Once again I am sorry for your loss.

Old 12-15-2011 | 05:19 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Sorry for the loss bro. Its sad that so many good people are taken WAY TOO SOON.

All of the ideas are top notch ideas, but if guys dont want to spend alot of $$, how about getting a Custom Sticker made to put on all of the guy and gals helmets? That way every Biker and his or her passenger can show the love and support for him and his family. Its easy and everybody can have their own piece of respect. JMHO.

Old 12-16-2011 | 08:53 PM
HDCrossbones09
|
Tourer

Thanks for all the help guys! We are going to have stickers made for cars and some of the guys may do engraveings. You all had great ideas and we appreciate the support. If you think of anything else feels free to keep the ideas coming. Thanks again!!

Old 12-17-2011 | 08:12 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

All great ideas, just wanted to express my condolences to you, his friends and family. What a young man taken way to soon.

I did find on google a company that sells quantities of bells that come in wooden box and you can have the bell engraved and your own custom message on the gremlin story card card. Gremlin Bells

Old 12-17-2011 | 09:43 AM
colonelangus1
Road Master

sorry for your loss.i know how you feel i have lost a few myself.i have a memorial sticker on my windshield for 1 buddy and a cloth ribbon tied to one of my mirrors for ma hopkin's ill leave it until it falls off on its own the thought is when ma's ready she will let go of us.

Old 12-18-2011 | 09:26 PM
dbrown5
Cruiser

the guy was more than a friend, more like family to all!! not a person he came in contact was the same after. a guy that would always have a good joke and you could never get the last word in when it came to giving him a hard time. his fav song and way of live was simple man. he was took way too soon and can never be replaced. we kicked around the idea of having this guy paint our horn cover or oil tank with something as well as the bells. his son is a very close friend and me and crossbones got him a bell as well to put on his bike. our way of keeping him as our angel by our side

Old 12-19-2011 | 05:35 PM
salty01
Tourer

Very sorry or you loss, respects to all.

As life goes by I have way too many memorial patchs on my vest and jackets
The derby cover and stickers sound
awesome, it what I have on my victory for all those lst and wounded in Afghanistan

Be well!

Old 12-31-2011 | 06:54 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior

I'd be happy to make some decals for you free of charge if that's something you might be interested in. So sorry for your loss.

Old 12-31-2011 | 07:46 PM
Whir
Advanced

Crossbones,
Sorry for your loss. As a quick thought which maybe an easy thing for you all to do. After seeing your friends initials the first thing that came to my mind was a small Rail Road Crossing sign.

Old 12-31-2011 | 08:17 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Sorry bout Ur friend.

As we age we value life a lot more.

I know when I was in my 20's, I thought anyone over 50 was old,,,

BUT once U get to that age U realize it really ain't old at all..

Now at 62 I still feel mostly young but just don't have the energy like I once did...

He's gone but there are many ways to celebrate his passing.

If his wife survived him, then U and Ur other friends wife can do a lot of things for her. Lots of people don't think of her loneliness after the loss.

It just ain't only bout Ur loss of a friend, believe me a surviving spouse has it a lot harder.
The loss of a good friend though will never be forgotten, Ur life will go on mostly as usual, but the spouse's whole life will be changed forever.

So get a patch or something to remember him for U, but never forget his loved ones that this tragedy left behind.

Quick Reply: Lost A Close Friend/Fellow Rider And Need Something To Remember Him By On Our Bikes