Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about buying a bike, can u pros help me figure out how much its worth please

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
eltorodebull
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for the quick responses, ill offer 4 and work up from there. it also has a stock HD tranny and a 3 inch open belt drive

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Vikingur
Tourer

I agree with XARAN - start at $3500, and don't go over $4500. If he had to put in the RevTech because he seized up the stocker or ran the **** out of it, who knows what damage is done to the stock tranny.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, that thing would be of pretty low value. Those RevTech's are pretty much total crap! I looked into the RevTech's and Ultima big inch engines and they both get very poor reviews. Do a Google search on RevTech Engines and you'll find plenty of RevTech engine bashing in several threads on several different forums. Hell, you can buy them new and complete for under $3500 on eBay. Here's just one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revtech-100-...item2313ec10fb There's a reason S&S Engines cost almost twice as much. If you want to spend more time riding than wrenching, I'd stay away from that particular bike.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
eltorodebull
6th Gear

very true... well wish me luck guys going to take a look at it at 4pm today. is there anything that i should check. im more of a car guy new to bikes. also he told me that the revtech has 11 to 1 compression... does that sound right?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
eltorodebull
6th Gear

he also stated that the revtech had internal work done, doesnt leak oil new tires etc

Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by eltorodebull
he also stated that the revtech had internal work done
I'm not surprised, probably replacing broken parts.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Don Cronaueri
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bike Value

You did not mention a budget. I'm sure you can find what your looking for without setteling for a turd.
One of the great things about a Harley is how they hold their value. Without the original motor you had better really like the bike as you will be stuck with it.
From one Vet to another.

Semper Fi

Old 12-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

11 to 1 compression on a RevTech motor usually means you'll be working on it quite a bit. I would suggest looking over the frame. Be sure it is an HD frame. RevTech make a "B" motor? I thought they only built Evo's......

Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
tkunk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the RevTech engine would keep me away. Haven't heard much good about them and they're made in South Korea. The cheapest option when replacing a Harley engine, but probably the worst available from what I've read.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something I learned during my recent search was patience. The condition doesn't sound good from you've posted. If it were me I'd move on, there are a lot of great bikes and deals to be found. I found my 06 Lux with only 548 miles and I'm picking the wife up an 08 Sporty this afternoon with only 712 miles on it.

There are so many people who watched these damn tv shows and wanted to be a biker and then after buying a bike they realized it wasn't for them and then they set in the garage until they decide to sell. Being around this time of year some folks are looking for holiday money and I'm working another deal on a second sporty I'm hoping to pick up for nothing just for that very reason, the people need money for Christmas.

Search and search some more would be advice.

Quick Reply: thinking about buying a bike, can u pros help me figure out how much its worth please