Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what pipes you got?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really like the sound of my big radius pipes, but if I had it to do over again I would have gotten a FatCat

Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bassani Road Rage
FXDBI

Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Ive had quite a few different pipes (Cycle Shack slip-ons, Big Radius, Fourbiddens, Pro Pipe)... Settled on X-Pipes with modded baffles. Not the best performing but I love the look.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

cheapo duals, cut into a 2-1 with a gutted roadglide muffler

pc'd V&H stepped drags, love these very deep tone, when craked open loud as f**K

BEFORE PC

road glide 2-1 with o2's filled and cat gutted, heat shields drilled out and stainless screen installed , pc'd gloss black, with gutted rg muffler diy'd like fulsac internals. lots of looks good flow loud when cracked also but not as much as the stepped drags.

I also got a set of v&h true duals to try with fishtails 125.00, and just pu a set of V&H big radius for 120.00. Will pc both gloss black and seee what I like

Last edited by jakazz; 12-07-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bassani road rage,i just got a set of chrome ones,road rage so the black ones are for sale in the soft tail classified ..on in sig pic

Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
i have a python 2 into 1 and wouldn't trade it for the world. I am however going to be getting some 39 cholo's and depending on what riding i am going to be doing going back and forth between the two. I had short non baffled straights my last bike and it sounde wicked. If you want loud, short straight drag pipes are the way to go, imo.
and the least power or torque

Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM
alauhog
Advanced

Patriot Defender 2-1
Comes in Black or Crome

Sounds real nice and has a butterfly valve so you can adjust the sound how you like it.
Just loosen a set screw and adjust to what you want and lock it down. Takes less than a minute.

What I did was bought a choke cable from the local speed shop ( Autozone ones are too weak need a heavy duty one )

So now I can adjust it on the fly.
Every one around the house loves it at 5am in the morning.

Here is a few pictures to show you how I set it up.

Attached Thumbnails what pipes you got?-dsc03803.jpg   what pipes you got?-dsc03804.jpg   what pipes you got?-dsc03805.jpg   what pipes you got?-dsc03806.jpg   what pipes you got?-dsc03809.jpg  

Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,233 Likes on 2,539 Posts

How loud you want to be dj.I had a set of P-3's and they were the just about the loudest pipe I've ever had.A bud of mine runs them now and I don't like riding behind him because of the noise.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 PM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on how consistently loud you want to be...

I run with V&H Bigshots because they've got a great throaty sound...they're loud but not obnoxious...unless I lay down the hammer...then they're loud enough to set off car alarms (which, for some reason, I find funny).

Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,157 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by djmoye
hey fellow riders i have alittle dilemma , i currently have a nice set of python 3 pipes on my softail , these things sound low and rumble nice but i like my bike loud and these baffles do not come out without cutting them out , so i went ahead and cut my factory pipes up and took out all the packing and baffles , but now with the tips being 3inch it sounds like elephant getting an enema lol.does anyone have any suggestions on some pipes that sound and look good ,, i love the look of the big radius , but not the pice tag again , anyone want to trade your pipes for my python 3 full pipes ?

dj,

Something you might try on your stock pipes to adjust the sound and get some more power...Thunder Torque Inserts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6VwWeIyjeU

Quick Reply: what pipes you got?