Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Wide Turnsignal Bar Swapout

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011 | 05:04 AM
Benway
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by creatv1
I did the same mod and I'm in fact pretty disgusted with the way the part fit. Not ******* on your mod Benway, but they should have made the mount the same freaking size. And for what it's worth I actually like the lollipop when it's shortened like that.

Kuryakyn also makes a narrow replacement bar-- does anyone have any experience with it and how it fits?
Yeah, I actually like them too. I have a thing about being rear-ended because some dip didn't see my tiny-*** tail lights and turn signals.

Looking at the narrowed bar from Kuryakyn, it looks about an inch wider than the one I have.

Last edited by Benway; 12-08-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-08-2011 | 08:14 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member

I think you did a great job of illustrating your work. Thanks for that but to be honest here I think the fact that the part doesn't fit is ridiculous and I also don't see a big enough difference to justify that amount of work.

Nice job though.

Old 12-08-2011 | 09:17 PM
2000FiveOh
Tourer

Originally Posted by Benway
You saw the 'before' picture, right?
Of course I did, why would you ask? It still looks like the same crap the MoCo put out, but narrower. Still looks like crap. Come on , the parts didn't even fit without hacking up your fender. Again, what was the reason, other than wasting green backs, for this so-called mod?

Old 12-08-2011 | 09:35 PM
2000FiveOh
Tourer

Yeah, I actually like them too. I have a thing about being rear-ended because some dip didn't see my tiny-*** tail lights and turn signals.

Looking at the narrowed bar from Kuryakyn, it looks about an inch wider than the one I have.

It's obvious you haven't been riding very long. If you're relying on tail lights to stop some moron from rear-ending you you will be hit eventually. You do have mirrors on your bike right? You do look and see what the heck is behind you well in advance BEFORE you start jacking those brakes, right? Your comment/response is ridiculous. Since when did lights stop someone from getting slammed by a cage? It sounds like you need a quick defensive driving course. If not, please stay away from other bikers when you're out there.

Now back to your mod: 1) If a vendor sent me parts that required me to hack up my fender that sh$t would be back in the mail in an instant. 2) The so-called mod did NOTHING for you or your ride. 3) You paid good money for a part that did nothing for your your bike AND you hacked up your fender to compensate for it. 4) It looks like the same garbage the MoCo put out. 5) Need I say more?

I mean, be real. What did this mod accomplish? i understand there are RUB's out there. I understand a first time buyer being proud of himself making changes to his/her bike. I understand how proud you must have felt making this post in a public forum. BUT, what I don't understand is what the reasoning behind spending money on this.

It may seem like I'm ******* you, but I'm not. I admire someone that is willing to take a chance. I guess I'm just curious why you did this?

Old 12-08-2011 | 09:43 PM
2000FiveOh
Tourer

Originally Posted by creatv1
I did the same mod and I'm in fact pretty disgusted with the way the part fit. Not ******* on your mod Benway, but they should have made the mount the same freaking size. And for what it's worth I actually like the lollipop when it's shortened like that.

Kuryakyn also makes a narrow replacement bar-- does anyone have any experience with it and how it fits?
You're better off using the rear bar and bullets off the SG. Looks way better and with LED's you'll be seen, if you rely on that stuff as a rider. The short bars are 10", the Kurys a little over 8". OEM is 13", 1 1/2" or 2" closer on either side. Again, why?

Last edited by 2000FiveOh; 12-08-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2011 | 08:47 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2000FiveOh
It may seem like I'm ******* you, but I'm not.
Damn, dude. His bike, his money, his mods. If he's happy with it, what do you care ????

Old 12-09-2011 | 10:40 AM
Benway
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2000FiveOh
You're better off using the rear bar and bullets off the SG. Looks way better and with LED's you'll be seen, if you rely on that stuff as a rider. The short bars are 10", the Kurys a little over 8". OEM is 13", 1 1/2" or 2" closer on either side. Again, why?
Well, without getting into a pissing match, it's personal preference. The wide bars look like *** without the saddlebags (which I've removed). The narrow bar fits the bike better without the bags. Simple as that.

Old 12-09-2011 | 10:45 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, without getting into a pissing match, it's personal preference. The wide bars look like *** without the saddlebags (which I've removed). The narrow bar fits the bike better without the bags. Simple as that.

Nice job & it looks fine. Some people just are full of themselves.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:33 AM
fdb2007
Road Master

I like the look of the narrow bar when the bags are removed. I don't take my bags off because I have the stock bar and I don't like the way it looks. I think your install looks just fine. Yeah it shoulda fit, but I like the fact you made it work instead of just quitting and bitching about it. As for the cat that thinks defensive driving can't be enhanced by good visibility, well I wouldn't wanna ride with him either. He probably believes helmets couldn't possibly protect your head and loud pipes will save your life.

Old 12-09-2011 | 06:45 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter

Harley makes a shorter one. Fits perfect too.
I have one of those after-market ones (ebay)
The holes didn't line up. I never used it. A buddy
with an older FL (with no holes in the fender)
drilled em and used it on his.

Quick Reply: Heritage Wide Turnsignal Bar Swapout