Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Smorris3480
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2

Okay I currently own a 2009 sportster just bought it last summer and it is my first bike so I am pretty new to the Harley world but this January I am trading it in for a 2012 fatboy. The first thing I am gonna do is put on a big radius exhaust from Vance and Hines and I am just wondering what else I will have to do to my bike for it to run right. Any opinions would be really appreciated. Like I said I am still pretty new but I am good wth tools so do you think this is manageable to do by myself to save on labor costs? And another thing is later I want to get a SE high flow air intake. Opinions on that would be great too!!
Thanks in advance

Old 12-04-2011, 07:50 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That question has been asked countless times. If you add only the exhaust you will be fine. If you add the exhaust and intake you will need to run a tuner or have the ecm flashed. But, then again there are people that have changed the intake and exhaust and did not add a tuner or have the ecm flashed and their bike runs just fine.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had screaming eagles slip on's when I bought my bike so I changed them to the big radius 2 into 2 and my bike ran horrible! I already had the stage 1 air cleaner on it with the slip on's. Soon as I changed the pipes it started poping and back firing! I than put a power commander on with my D&D Fat Cat and now it runs like a raped Ape!

P.S. I think the D&D sounds way better than the V&H big Radius but that's just my IMO!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

As far as the labor goes it really isn't that hard. I would suggest getting a service manual before you do anything to the bike. It will come in handy at some point especially with things like torque values.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a nice quality exhaust with a good sound...you will like it.

As for some peple not tuning with a stage 1 I have always wondered if these are the EFI bikes. In a car the PCM/ECM would be able to make subtle adjustments for increased airflow but I guess I dont know if the Harleys have the same type of sensors like MAF, MAPP, IAT,TPS and all that other stuff that helps cars adjust the air fuel ratio. Im no bike mechanic but maybe one will chime in on this?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Smorris3480
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you guys are alot of help. Much appreciated. I love the look and sound of the big radius 2 into 2. So I am gonna get the Air intake also so will the fuelpak change the f/a ratio?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

If I were going to just do exhaust and intake I would just have the dealer flash the ecm with a stage one.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

The V&H BR w/ BCT monster baffles sounds pretty decent. I had the combo on my Street Bob.

http://youtu.be/xr2GcZvtWNY

Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can turn a wrench and understand the directions (download them at your convenience from V&H and H-D), you can do all of it yourself- Pipes, intake, and the FuelPak. The only issue I ran into was getting the FuelPak and original connector to fit (barely) under the seat somewhere after you plug them together.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
rrambo
Tourer

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
The V&H BR w/ BCT monster baffles sounds pretty decent. I had the combo on my Street Bob.

http://youtu.be/xr2GcZvtWNY
^^^^ This..

I have BCT baffles in my BR 2-2.. if you have the money, hold out for a Power Vision when they are available for the 2012. Excellent tuner IMHO

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2