Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Exchange & Plating

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chrome Exchange & Plating

I've done some searching around but I wanted to get some input from you all for some legit and reliable chrome exchange or plating shops. I've got a couple emails out but still would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm familiar with ***** Shiny but I'd like to get all my front and rear end needs done at one location if possible. Fork sliders, calipers, swingarm, pulley, all the nut and bolts etc, you know how us that suffer from this whoreism affliction roll. Not to blame but to say thanks to many of you for which I now suffer!

And again, YES, I'm a chrome *****, just ask my wife! LOL Thanks for your help!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
I've done some searching around but I wanted to get some input from you all for some legit and reliable chrome exchange or plating shops. I've got a couple emails out but still would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm familiar with ***** Shiny but I'd like to get all my front and rear end needs done at one location if possible. Fork sliders, calipers, swingarm, pulley, all the nut and bolts etc, you know how us that suffer from this whoreism affliction roll. Not to blame but to say thanks to many of you for which I now suffer!

And again, YES, I'm a chrome *****, just ask my wife! LOL Thanks for your help!
Try these guys, I just mailed some parts to them last night. Nice thing about them, they have a price listing for almost every part you would want to chrome on a Harley, just click the Harley price list link on their home page.

http://www.stlplating.com/

Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Big job, and quite expensive to do the swinger, the covers look very good in my opinon, as regard the calipers, make sure you get the bolts and the pad pins done as well, I didnt get my calipers exchanged, as I'm not in the States, but I got mine from a dealer on Ebay and they were very good, no problems, all rebuilt with new seals etc, If i was going to do it again I would do it differently, as I have found a chromer that would chrome the lot for me, in fact I am keeping my old calipers and fork legs etc, for the future, just incase, some of this start pitting.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

www.Chromemasters.com in Tennessee..... They are one of the best. Maybe make a day trip of it and drive the stuff there.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
Try these guys, I just mailed some parts to them last night. Nice thing about them, they have a price listing for almost every part you would want to chrome on a Harley, just click the Harley price list link on their home page.
http://www.stlplating.com/
Thanks Mike! I gave these folks a call and they have some pretty reasonable prices. I am sure I'm going to go with just having my parts plated especially given the fact they only have 1,000 miles on them and then I know what I'm getting back etc. And it's the least expensive route to go. Why pay for an exchange that would cost me more per part than it would cost me to have plated and then have to send them my nearly new parts, you know?

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Big job, and quite expensive to do the swinger, the covers look very good in my opinon, as regard the calipers, make sure you get the bolts and the pad pins done as well, I didnt get my calipers exchanged, as I'm not in the States, but I got mine from a dealer on Ebay and they were very good, no problems, all rebuilt with new seals etc, If i was going to do it again I would do it differently, as I have found a chromer that would chrome the lot for me, in fact I am keeping my old calipers and fork legs etc, for the future, just incase, some of this start pitting.
It's actually not that bad to do the swingarm and its only $250 (US). Nothing wrong with covers, but I just prefer to have the part plated. Thanks for the heads up on the pins and bolts. I was planning to just buy everything out right or do the exchange, but I've decided the best value, to leave me some funds for other stuff (hopefully wheels), is to just put my bike on the jack and send all my parts at once and be done.

Originally Posted by hspring03
www.Chromemasters.com in Tennessee..... They are one of the best. Maybe make a day trip of it and drive the stuff there.
Thanks for the link on these guys, I'll have to check them out too.

My conclusion, the best value in my situation is to have my own parts plated since I can get by with my bike being down for 3 or 4 weeks. Thanks for everyones input and if anyone has any other shops they've had plating done please post them. I'm hoping to get my beach bars in the next few days and want to install them and get a ride or two in before tearing her down so I'd still like to find a couple more shops to get more quotes.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have bought lots of parts from this guy in the past for the Dyna I used to have and even a few parts for my lux. His chrome is top notch, better than the MoCo's for sure.
http://stores.ebay.com/Rick9662?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Old 12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
CopperHead2008
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you do, do not...I repeat..DO NOT send anything to D-G Custom Chrome in cincinnati...they will hack your stuff up and tell you to go F yourself when you want it fixed. BBB or lawyers can't help you. the owner is a real ***

Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
I have bought lots of parts from this guy in the past for the Dyna I used to have and even a few parts for my lux. His chrome is top notch, better than the MoCo's for sure. http://stores.ebay.com/Rick9662?_trksid=p4340.l2563
Thanks, I've been checking his stuff out and need to call him.

Originally Posted by CopperHead2008
Whatever you do, do not...I repeat..DO NOT send anything to D-G Custom Chrome in cincinnati...they will hack your stuff up and tell you to go F yourself when you want it fixed. BBB or lawyers can't help you. the owner is a real ***
Thanks for the heads up on this place, I'll definitely steer past them. What sucks is, I have a place local but they are the same way.