Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
bulldog82098
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Power Vision

Been looking at tuners and have decided on a DynoJet Power Vision tuner. I have slip on pipes as of right now. Was going to add a new a/c and try one of the pre configured maps to see how it would improve performance. If I were to change my cams later down the road would I need to have the bike dyno tuned or would the PV be able to compensate? Any other info on this unit and what to expect would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it from Fuelmoto.com. They will send you a map for your current setup and when you add the cam they will send you a new map, appropriate for your new configuration.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What he said. Great tuner and and the best part is it does not have to stay on your bike.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And what he said means you can take it off when you bring your bike in for warranty service, they can't blame the tuner. Wink - wink - nudge - nudge

Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTroupe
And what he said means you can take it off when you bring your bike in for warranty service, they can't blame the tuner. Wink - wink - nudge - nudge
By reading his statement I don't think that is what the OP meant and regarding it voiding your warranty it really is a non issue.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm extremely happy with the PV.. got it, like most, from FuelMoto... they sent it with an appropriate map for my setup and it runs great.. when I do cams they will send another map..

Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
bulldog82098
Tourer

It is my understanding that you can go to their website and download ALL the maps you will ever need. Just look for the map that is closest to your setup (i.e. pipes, air cleaner etc.), download it and transfer it to the unit.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulldog82098
It is my understanding that you can go to their website and download ALL the maps you will ever need. Just look for the map that is closest to your setup (i.e. pipes, air cleaner etc.), download it and transfer it to the unit.
Yes, you can do that... but they don't have every possible combination of parts.. so you're not limited by just what you can download... That's where FuelMoto and others step in... You also have the capability of modifying your own maps with the software.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTroupe
Oh yea??
What are ya gonna do about your aftermarket pipes and air cleaner that are still on the bike when you take it in for servicing? If the OEM ECM (Electronic Control Module) isn't tuned with a download from Harley for those add-ons it will make the engine run really, really lean! That will cause damage, and the Dealer will make notes in his computer about your bike's current setup and say it's your fault if any damage occurs in the future.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
bulldog82098
Tourer

Originally Posted by rrambo
Yes, you can do that... but they don't have every possible combination of parts.. so you're not limited by just what you can download... That's where FuelMoto and others step in... You also have the capability of modifying your own maps with the software.

I was told by the manufacturer that they could also do this.
I bought my unit from Dennis Kirk for $440.85, which I believe was
cheaper than FM.

https://www.denniskirk.com/dynojet/p...rd/2000458.sku

Quick Reply: Power Vision