Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulldog82098
I was told by the manufacturer that they could also do this.
I bought my unit from Dennis Kirk for $440.85, which I believe was
cheaper than FM.

https://www.denniskirk.com/dynojet/p...rd/2000458.sku
Yes.. I emailed DynoJet and they sent me 2 maps also.. so I have those, the ones from FuelMoto, and the ones that are already loaded on the unit... the ones that DynoJet sent me gives me the best gas mileage, but the ones from FuelMoto give me the best performance.. it's nice to have options.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

With the PV you don't need to rely on anyone else for maps, just tune it yourself with the data logger. When you do new parts, do some tuning runs while logging, then adjust the VE and spark tables. It can use your factory O2 sensors, or you can get the DJ Autotune setup for a greater range of AFR.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
With the PV you don't need to rely on anyone else for maps, just tune it yourself with the data logger. When you do new parts, do some tuning runs while logging, then adjust the VE and spark tables. It can use your factory O2 sensors, or you can get the DJ Autotune setup for a greater range of AFR.
I want to learn how to do this also.. Haven't taken the plunge yet.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:08 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rrambo
I want to learn how to do this also.. Haven't taken the plunge yet.
Start by reading this thread: Powervision Tuning

Look at this document by JustDennis PVTuning If you're using the HD O2 sensors, use the Log Tuner Basic instructions. If using the DJ WB O2, use the Log Tuner Pro instructions. You keep doing runs until your VE delta's are almost nothing. If using the DJ WB O2, you can then put the HD O2's back in, set the fuel to adaptive and it will trim as you ride from there out for minor changes.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldog82098
I was told by the manufacturer that they could also do this.
I bought my unit from Dennis Kirk for $440.85, which I believe was
cheaper than FM.

https://www.denniskirk.com/dynojet/p...rd/2000458.sku
You might save $ 40 -50 but Fuel Moto doubles the warranty of the unit. Offers lifetime tech and MAP support. I went on the Dynojet site to see what was available for maps and there were 2 that were close to my pipes and a/c setup. Since I got mine from FM it came with the map loaded and I had Jamie tweek it a little 2 times to get it near perfect. Now Ill do some data logging and see if I can improve it more. But if in the future I add cams etc, FM will send a map that is very close and/ or work with me to get it right. You wont get that from Dennis Kirk

Last edited by XARAN; 12-05-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like what Xaran said, or in other words your get what you pay for.

My rule of thumb is 20% more that the bottom of the bucket price for good service in run of the mill every day transactions. I'm only buying one tuner for this bike an FuelMoto has respectable rep so they got a free pass. Turns out they were only a few bucks more that the big box no service store so they didn't need the free pass.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Does anyone know what the autotune set up costs? This is just a set of wide band O2 sensors, right?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this tuner myself.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:42 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester750
Oh yea??
What are ya gonna do about your aftermarket pipes and air cleaner that are still on the bike when you take it in for servicing? If the OEM ECM (Electronic Control Module) isn't tuned with a download from Harley for those add-ons it will make the engine run really, really lean! That will cause damage, and the Dealer will make notes in his computer about your bike's current setup and say it's your fault if any damage occurs in the future.
this is why I had the dealer use the SERT on mine, and they dyno'd it. I have the extended warranty, and all mods done by HD fall under my warranty. As soon as the warranty is done, they can kiss my ***. Not paying there prices after that

Old 12-20-2011, 11:01 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by rrambo
Yes.. I emailed DynoJet and they sent me 2 maps also.. so I have those, the ones from FuelMoto, and the ones that are already loaded on the unit... the ones that DynoJet sent me gives me the best gas mileage, but the ones from FuelMoto give me the best performance.. it's nice to have options.

I have two maps from DynoJet also. One gives me better performance the other better mileage. It's very nice to able to flash back and forth between the different maps.