Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on tour pack on a softail

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011 | 10:11 AM
06 flstfise
|
Road Captain
Default thoughts on tour pack on a softail

I have the opportunity to pick up a complete ultra tour pack for real cheap. Minor paint issues, but I would repaint to match so no big deal. I have never seen an ultra tour pack on a softail before. I am not sure how it will look. Was thinking if I ever did this I would get a leather pack, but having the wrap around side support and speakers appeal to the better half. It would only be used for when we go on trips. I know get a touring bike but we both love the FB and it is set up great now for touring. Plus a new bike is not an option as we have a one year old and another due in 4 months. He is a pic of the bike as it sits today. Sorry a link for some reason I can post from photobucket for the most up to date pics. All opinions welcome. Thanks

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...gger-done.html

Last edited by 06 flstfise; 11-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2011 | 12:55 PM
shineybike
Road Captain

Just my opinion but I think the leather tour pack would look better with your leather bags. I see them on ebay alot, used. Probably would be alot cheaper not having to paint it too. If you can cope with the samaller non-wrap around pad and no speakers.

Old 11-30-2011 | 01:04 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member

yeah the leather tour pack would look better with your bags and fairing (cover?) , but keeping the OL happy is just as important as looking cool (don't let my OL hear me say those things are equal LOL) , so make her happy !

Old 11-30-2011 | 02:29 PM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

They go on and off in minutes.As long as it is painted to match I would go for it.They dont help the look of anything but they sure are nice for longer trips.

Old 11-30-2011 | 02:42 PM
JeepinSoftail
Banned

In the link to the thread that you posted there's a couple of links for pictures, but when I click on them it says I do not have permission to view that page. Do you have to be a paid member to view pictures?

Old 11-30-2011 | 03:13 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Are you sure the Ultra tour pak will fit on a Heritage? What would you do, bolt it to the Heritage detachable rack?.

Personally, I don't think it would look right on a Heritage. But if funds are low and you need something to put your gear in for a roadtrip, I suppose you gotta work with what you have.

Old 11-30-2011 | 04:03 PM
06 flstfise
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Are you sure the Ultra tour pak will fit on a Heritage? What would you do, bolt it to the Heritage detachable rack?.

Personally, I don't think it would look right on a Heritage. But if funds are low and you need something to put your gear in for a roadtrip, I suppose you gotta work with what you have.

I really do not need it for more storage as I have a t-bag convertible with top roll on it that holds two weeks worth of clothing for us. Just looking for something a little more low profile. A few of my riding buddies have ultras and they have a duffle bag that clips onto the rack and carries just about as much as the t-bag. From my understanding is that all I would need to make it work would be the detachable bracket, if I am wrong someone please correct me. I am no means dead set on doing this. Just found the tour pack for less that two bills so the idea is just rolling in the head. Thanks everyone so far. Keep the opinions coming

Old 11-30-2011 | 05:45 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Here are some pictures of my wifes bike.

Attached Thumbnails thoughts on tour pack on a softail-laura-s-bike-2011.jpg   thoughts on tour pack on a softail-img01103-20110708-2115-2-.jpg  
Old 12-01-2011 | 06:37 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

It serves it's purpose and can be detached in minutes.

Old 12-01-2011 | 07:00 PM
dixiebob
Intermediate
Smile Check This Out

Check this new web site out for Touring Backrest for Softtails. tourrest.com. They are presently out of stock but said they have more coming in. $250.00

Quick Reply: thoughts on tour pack on a softail