Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Ride Wrights

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011 | 06:06 PM
Nocturnalnature
|
Road Master
Default Considering Ride Wrights

I'm considering getting a set of fat spokes in a few months and really like the look of the Ride Wrights. I'm a bit leary though due to the threads where it seems like its all gone wrong, so I thought I would hopefully get a general consensus of what to expect. I plan on running tubes so no worries about leaks but other things have me a little worried.
2011 Blackline with ABS
#1. Will the factory spacers work or will I have to have some cut?
#2. Any shimming of the rotor or pulley required?
#3. Are the radial laced rims safe? I've read some stuff where it says they are not.
#4. Do they have to be trued as often as factory spoked rims?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.!

Old 11-25-2011 | 06:57 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
I'm considering getting a set of fat spokes in a few months and really like the look of the Ride Wrights. I'm a bit leary though due to the threads where it seems like its all gone wrong, so I thought I would hopefully get a general consensus of what to expect. I plan on running tubes so no worries about leaks but other things have me a little worried.
2011 Blackline with ABS
#1. Will the factory spacers work or will I have to have some cut?
#2. Any shimming of the rotor or pulley required?
#3. Are the radial laced rims safe? I've read some stuff where it says they are not.
#4. Do they have to be trued as often as factory spoked rims?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.!
#1. Will the factory spacers work or will I have to have some cut?factory spacers will work. They will bolt right on!Mine did.
#2. Any shimming of the rotor or pulley required?They will provide a pulley spacer for the pulley. The rotors will bolt right on.
#3. Are the radial laced rims safe? I've read some stuff where it says they are not.I have been running Ride Wrights for several years and I ran DNA's prior to these. All in all about 4 years on radially laced wheels. I ride pretty much every day. They are safe.
#4. Do they have to be trued as often as factory spoked rims?I am yet to ave my rims trued and have had no such issue that would suggest that they need to be. But, to make you feel better I will call RW on Monday and see what they say about truing.

Drew

Old 11-25-2011 | 09:51 PM
Nocturnalnature
|
Road Master

Thanks Drew!
You'll be the one I order from when the taxes roll in.
On another note, I would ask you what my wife ordered me for Christmas since I gave her a huge list and told her to call you. Not sure I want to ruin the surpise but I hope it includes something from Joker, Heartland, or Rush LOL!

Old 11-25-2011 | 10:23 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Thanks Drew!
You'll be the one I order from when the taxes roll in.
On another note, I would ask you what my wife ordered me for Christmas since I gave her a huge list and told her to call you. Not sure I want to ruin the surpise but I hope it includes something from Joker, Heartland, or Rush LOL!
I told her to get you a new lawnmower and some tools for the honey do list. My lips are sealed.

Drew

Old 11-25-2011 | 11:49 PM
David_Martin
Cruiser

I have to be honest, if my wife dosnt get me a set of Road Rage Shorts in black from Drew, then she better be getting a picture of my bike with the pipes photo shopped on it.

Old 11-26-2011 | 04:39 PM
chap!
Road Master

Don't get Ride Wright! End of!
Over priced!
Mine 'would not' fit with standard spacers!
Had to get some made up, at an extra cost!
Took Ride Wright over 2 months to finally send out the correct hub assembly, only problem is 'still' they only sent out rear & nothing for front? So still screwed!
And although I asked for torque settings for assembling new hubs, got 'nothing?'
Now I will accrue more cost to get rear built up & fitted but still 'nothing' for front?

So if you want to pay over the odds for wheels, then accrue more costs when they don't fit & get over 2 months of hassle & still end up screwed! Then go for Ride Wrights!

Also just goes to show their So called warranty is worthless if they can't even put a set of wheels right they have just sold?

Save loads of money, save all the hassle & go for DNA's!
2 guys at the club have now bought DNA's due to my issues with Ride Wright, so they didn't order from them, theirs are just as good, bolted straight on! And less than half the price!

It's your funeral if you buy Ride Wright!

Easy Pal

Last edited by chap!; 11-26-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2011 | 07:01 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

I had some issues getting mr rear tire to line up properly on the pully side but Sam shipped the wheel back to Cali fixed it and sent it back to the east coast on his dime as well as making sure I got money back in my pocket for labor cost. The wife handled the whole problem with Sam and said he was nothing short of a Gentleman!! So with that being said, I would never even consider anything but Ride Wrights!! Ohh yea, and they look Saweeet too!!!

Old 11-26-2011 | 07:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

There is something about living overseas that drastically increases costs. The best way to buy RW is through me so you don't have to worry about anything.

Drew

Old 11-26-2011 | 07:21 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Just keep in mind, this is the internet, people only write about a product when they are unhappy with it ... rarely they write about it when they are pleased.

So for every person complaining about a product there are probably hundreds of people who are very happy with it ...

Old 11-26-2011 | 07:55 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I could not be happier with my Ride Wright Wheels and my experience with Sam.Mine bolted straight on with stock spacers.ZERO issues.I bought mine from Dr V Twin for 3 reasons,best price,great customer service and peace of mind in case there were any issues.

Quick Reply: Considering Ride Wrights