Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail seats/back rests.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Softail seats/back rests.

Ok, let me try starting all over on a new topic and see how this one goes. I broke my back years ago so I am looking to do everything I possibly can to make riding more comfortable and more enjoyable for me because even if I can't I am still going to ride! I prefer solo so is there a back rest out there that will go with my stock seat leaving the rail or not? If so will my stock rear pad still work with that set up or not? If I have to go after market on a solo and backrest, are there any out there that will work with my stock rear pad? It would be nice to stay solo with a back rest and then be able to throw a rear pad on if I had company rather then pulling my solo with back rest back off just to be able to put seats on it to accomodate a passenger. Also, I have been seeing these seats with gel in them? Whats up with that and how well do they work? Thanks to all who have some insight on this issue and for commenting on it.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about what will work with stock, or a backrest for solo on stock seat, but I too have a sh!tty back and went with mustang super touring solo with backrest. Then the wife wanted to ride, so I got her the matching passenger seat. Both are comfy as hell. I get my support, and her tush is happy. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. but that is what worked for me.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM
jpr8r
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 19 Posts

I am interested in this, too. Some friends and I are going on a 5k mile ride in the summer and my OM is worried my Deluxe is going to be uncomfortable. So far, my plan is to put a bag behind me to rest on, but I'd rather have a backrest if I could find one.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:38 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

No purecountry13b, that is a ton of help! Anything is better then nothing and I appreciate your input a TON! I can go the after market solo deal with a back rest no problems! I will just have my area of seating worried about 1st and later if I need to worry about a passanger seat, well, I will worry about that then! Is yours one of these seats with the gel in it? I am very curious about that as well. I would hate to drop 500 bucks on a seat only to find out I hate it! I don't mind spendin the money if it's money well spent!

Old 11-25-2011, 05:17 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm there with ya, been avoiding surgery with meds and waiting to take delivery of :

The Mrs rides her own so I don't need a pass pad, but you can see by the image they make one for that also....If you give it a week or so I can report my findings but seats are like everything else ....subjective. However, I never read anything negative about Mustang seats and the Wide, Super Touring should do the trick but you really never know.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone know a back rest that works with the stock deluxe seat?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Odonns
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The springer backrest works on the stock deluxe seat. I have one on my 07. You will have to find one on eBay as they are now obsolete.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:22 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Odonns
The springer backrest works on the stock deluxe seat. I have one on my 07. You will have to find one on eBay as they are now obsolete.
How do you attach? Do you have a pic? I would love to see. Thanks a ton.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea, I am also there with ya Dude on avoiding the knife. I had to walk away from the meds though, they kinda got a hold of me and it was getting to where I was eating them like candy. In short, I got hooked on them and it was a B*#@! getting off of them. I now go it alone and just bite the bullet. I will NOT quit riding though, I don't care if I have to put a mattres pad on my scooter!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:32 AM
MLWilson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...or-deluxe.html

Try this link, Don't know if theguy still makes them, he was out of Grand Island, Neb.

Quick Reply: Softail seats/back rests.