Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Vs Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Softail Vs Dyna

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

I know this is probably going to start a stink but if we're going to be honest we have to face it. There are a lot of bikes out there not made by the MOCO that can clean its clock in all around performance.

Where ALL Harley's have the edge, is that in the end they are Harley's and that my friend is enough for me.
Citoriplus:If you haven't seen it yet,check out the comments re:HD in the book Hell's Angel by former leader Sonny Barger-(somewhere around page 50), he pretty much echoes your sentiments.... He says what he says,but still rides 'em.He also compares and contrasts between different HD models.

I say it's a lot like women,it may seem that there's better ones out there in some way or another,but you better take the one you love.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: T 3
Citoriplus:If you haven't seen it yet,check out the comments re:HD in the book Hell's Angel by former leader Sonny Barger-somewhere arond page 50, he pretty much echoes your sentiments.... He says what he says,but still rides 'em.

He also compares and contrasts between different HD models.
Nope, never read it, I didn't even know he wrote a book.

Does that make it any more or less relivent to the discussion at hand, I rather doubt it. But its nice to know when your in good company.

Wonder if the local library has a copy of it, gonna have to remember to check that out when I have some spare time.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you expecting someone to endorse a Dyna in the Softail forum?

Me?
My next bike will be neither.
It will be either a Big Dog or an AIH.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:40 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Everyone is not looking for the same thing in a HD, Dont base your decision on other peoples advise. Go to the dealer and take both bikes down the road.Then you will know which one is for you. Thats what i did..........And the Softail was for me.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:50 PM
jharp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with this 100%. I've always wanted a Softail so I test rode a Softail standard and then the Street Bob. The Street Bob just seemed to do it for me. The Softail was great but the Dyna just felt right for me.

Jim

ORIGINAL: HD7585

Everyone is not looking for the same thing in a HD, Dont base your decision on other peoples advise. Go to the dealer and take both bikes down the road.Then you will know which one is for you. Thats what i did..........And the Softail was for me.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Dyna Low Rider was my first Harley and if'n it was just me, I would still have it.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

After I bought my 05 FXD I went on vacation and rented a Heritage Softail. Although it was a nice bike, and had some great features like forward controls and footboards, I didn't care for the ride. Someone suggested that I am just used to my bike and perhaps there is some truth to that, but EVERYONE seems to ride a Softail and I enjoy being a little different. Rent both before you buy and see what fits you best.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:39 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am highly considering a FXST in May, and may keep the Dyna.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Rambler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had both models and prefer the softtai. However each individual is different

Old 12-03-2006, 12:36 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to go and really get to know the bikes and see what you like. For me, generally, if the bike does not have bags I love the Softail (Nightrain for me).

Quick Reply: Softail Vs Dyna