Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new air cleaner mod....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006 | 12:43 PM
deuce dude
|
Road Master
Default RE: new air cleaner mod....

thanks! crappy pic, but you get the idea.....
ORIGINAL: voodoo93

DD - love the new sig pic with the missing football and Pro-pipe!! Sweet!

ORIGINAL: deuce dude

funny, i never really noticed them much till you said that.....lol.....now i'll have to hide them i guess........went to my local shop today and showed a few guys the mod...they were stoked and are going to order the back plate. i'll get a part # for you guys.....

Old 12-09-2006 | 09:16 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

i'm sure someone has seen this done but i just figured it out.....took my plate off my football shaped cover and just stuck it on the end of my hi-flo filter.....looks really cool that way!! i'll get a better pic later if anyones interested.......

I did mine after work tonight. I was wondering what youuse to cover the black rubber tubes that run into the inside of the filter. The black rubber takes away from the looks some in my opinion. Tell us what you used & how to attach it.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Ride Safe,

Mike
I added the HD top cover tonight (it adds chrome to the top of the air cleaner up to the tank) so I had to take apart the entire air cleaner including my backing plate. Those rubber tubes actually collect and dump combustion gasses / oil into the air cleaner? If you take them off there are nipples buried inside the tubes and the service manual says a flutter valve will not work right? The other option is to get a chrome backer but the tubes are still exposed. Deuce it appears you took yours off and if so what did you fill the hole in with and how is your bike running?

Old 12-09-2006 | 12:12 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

here's my new air cleaner mod!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19283/C1A0F2531F944171A401BFC6085BAB73.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2006 | 12:30 PM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

nice! i was looking at that one myself.....i have the horn cover.....
ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

Old 12-09-2006 | 12:33 PM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

i still have the tubes, maybe they just dont show in the picture.....they mae aftermarket breathers but i've heard they sometimes drip a little oil....
ORIGINAL: Heritage07

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

i'm sure someone has seen this done but i just figured it out.....took my plate off my football shaped cover and just stuck it on the end of my hi-flo filter.....looks really cool that way!! i'll get a better pic later if anyones interested.......

I did mine after work tonight. I was wondering what youuse to cover the black rubber tubes that run into the inside of the filter. The black rubber takes away from the looks some in my opinion. Tell us what you used & how to attach it.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Ride Safe,

Mike
I added the HD top cover tonight (it adds chrome to the top of the air cleaner up to the tank) so I had to take apart the entire air cleaner including my backing plate. Those rubber tubes actually collect and dump combustion gasses / oil into the air cleaner? If you take them off there are nipples buried inside the tubes and the service manual says a flutter valve will not work right? The other option is to get a chrome backer but the tubes are still exposed. Deuce it appears you took yours off and if so what did you fill the hole in with and how is your bike running?

Old 12-09-2006 | 12:53 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

nice! i was looking at that one myself.....i have the horn cover.....
ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

me too!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19283/4D60CD1C1C7840F28BA8331F1A2F23B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2006 | 10:22 PM
AsahiToro
Advanced

What do you guys cover the AC element with when you wash the bike? I'm going to add the HD chrome EFI cover as well as a HD flame AC cover to my Ness Big Sucker.

Old 12-10-2006 | 12:04 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

I use a cheap old shower cap. You can get them at CVS or similar for about $3.00 to $5.00 for three of them.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-10-2006 | 12:29 AM
AsahiToro
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 20FXST06

I use a cheap old shower cap. You can get them at CVS or similar for about $3.00 to $5.00 for three of them.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Is there a specific color that works best or should I go with the plain ole rubber duck pattern? [sm=smarty.gif]

Thanks for the advice.

Old 12-10-2006 | 04:29 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

Hey guys, screw those rubber "S" hoses. Check this out:

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...rand=arlenness <----pick up one of these bad boys and pick up some more flow while you get rid of the hoses (the damn things are gonna crack and leak before ya know it anyway)

Quick Reply: new air cleaner mod....