Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new air cleaner mod....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006 | 01:53 PM
deuce dude
|
Road Master
Default RE: new air cleaner mod....

mine seems to perform the same as with the football cover...one of the best tweaks i've done as far as looks though....the big cover takes a lot away from the motor....

Old 12-03-2006 | 08:38 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: deuce dude

mine seems to perform the same as with the football cover...one of the best tweaks i've done as far as lokos though....the big cover takes a lot away from the motor....
Did you have to modify anything to make it work?

Old 12-04-2006 | 12:40 AM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

not if you already have the hi-flo filter set-up.....just pick a custom insert and stick it on the end of the filter....nice little mod that looks like it cost a lot more than it did!
ORIGINAL: Heritage07

ORIGINAL: deuce dude

mine seems to perform the same as with the football cover...one of the best tweaks i've done as far as lokos though....the big cover takes a lot away from the motor....
Did you have to modify anything to make it work?

Old 12-04-2006 | 12:54 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

Answers to your ???????s. The one I have is just an air cleaner trim cover. It is intended for use with the football cover. Trim has like a five star mounting plate that it attaches to. Look on the HD website under air cleaners, cost about $40.00. The AC filter is a K&N the flash from the camera just sorta washed out the color. I have a power commander on the bike and have not retuned, bike runs great. Hope this helps. takes about 10 minutes to install.

Old 12-04-2006 | 01:00 AM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

mine is the same thing.....just part of the flames series, i had the skull one too and it went on another bike.....
ORIGINAL: 20FXST06

Answers to your ???????s. The one I have is just an air cleaner trim cover. It is intended for use with the football cover. Trim has like a five star mounting plate that it attaches to. Look on the HD website

Old 12-04-2006 | 01:22 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

Deuce Dude, whose wheels are they you have? Real nice looking!

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:02 AM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

thanks! they are Renegade Phoenix wheels....they have a sculpted look to them instead of just cut out...i really like the look.......
ORIGINAL: 20FXST06

Deuce Dude, whose wheels are they you have? Real nice looking!

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:04 AM
deuce dude
|
Road Master

oops

Old 12-04-2006 | 12:18 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

Can anyone tell me the width of the inserts you're putting on there? My filter is 6". I've tried doing this, but the one I picked was too small. I think my error was trying to use a trim instead of an insert. And does this 5 point mounting system use anything from the stock football cover? I ask because I have the 03 anniversary football cover, and it doesn't take inserts like stock football covers.

Old 12-04-2006 | 03:49 PM
Denbo
Tourer

Duece dude even though you have the large cover on the front you do have a smaller back plate am I correct in assuming that.I would like to make mine smaller also for all of the same reasons as every one else but looking for the cheapest way out.

Quick Reply: new air cleaner mod....