Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket security system.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
bulldog82098
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aftermarket security system.

Looking to add a security system to my Heritage and would like some opinions on which would be the best. Having trouble finding many on Google......

Old 11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

A good insurance policy is a much better investment. Do yoau veh the stock harley security or no?

Drew

Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lock it bike to bike or to a non-removable object.

Rotor locks. Just remember to remove them before trying to ride, roll it off.

LoJack can help recover the bike if stolen if you are in their coverage area.
http://www.lojack.com/
GPS Tracking devices. Again, only helps recover the stolen bike.
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/gp...e-logging.html

If they want it bad enough, they're stealing it. Try to make another bike an easier target.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
bulldog82098
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
A good insurance policy is a much better investment. Do yoau veh the stock harley security or no?

Drew
I don't have the Harley factory security.
I just find that most Harley accessories are way overpriced
so I figured that someone make one just a well for less!!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,194 Likes on 5,848 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
A good insurance policy is a much better investment.
Good advice...you will not stop a pro. Chains and padlocks are worthless...a big set of bolt cutter will "unlock" them faster than you can with the key. Cables will slow down an amateur..there are a little harder to cut. Disc locks, fork locks, ignition locks, and screaming alarms....even the ones with pagers are petty much worthless...most thieves pull up in a van...open the doors...4 guys jump out and pick up the bike, and stuff it in the van ...if they get the doors shut, before you can shoot them, they are gone.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan

If they want it bad enough, they're stealing it. Try to make another bike an easier target.
I used to worry about my Yamaha getting stolen when I came down for the USGP, so I'd park next to a nice Harley!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM
UT-rckr
Road Master

I know there is another thread on this, but I actually prefer the HD one because of the fact that it won't start without the fob. Made mine keyless so all I have to do is hop on, turn a hidden switch and then ride. The key never leaves my pocket, similar to my wife's Lexus. Left the factory key switch there. If someone really wants my bike and they pick it up and throw it in a van, so be it, but at least they can't just ride away on it. That being said, what does the dealer want to install it? Bought mine used so don't know how much it added to the sticker price. I would have a hard time paying over $600 or so. And I don't have the audible part. Don't want the siren going off every time I have to move my bike around in my garage and don't have the fob on me. Just my .02

Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Factory install option was $300 with two fobs and no siren.
I later added the Siren II to mine.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
I know there is another thread on this, but I actually prefer the HD one because of the fact that it won't start without the fob. Made mine keyless so all I have to do is hop on, turn a hidden switch and then ride. The key never leaves my pocket, similar to my wife's Lexus. Left the factory key switch there. If someone really wants my bike and they pick it up and throw it in a van, so be it, but at least they can't just ride away on it. That being said, what does the dealer want to install it? Bought mine used so don't know how much it added to the sticker price. I would have a hard time paying over $600 or so. And I don't have the audible part. Don't want the siren going off every time I have to move my bike around in my garage and don't have the fob on me. Just my .02
I agree with Utah......the factory alarm is great, the key/fob stays in your pocket and if someone touches it after the perimeter is set the alarm goes crazy......assuming you are close buy you can hear the alarm. When my group travels we try to park the bikes close to the rooms so we can here the alarms, never had a problem.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
bigborehonda20
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a Riders Eye GPS system on my bike! cost me 399. It's a gps tracking device designed for Harley Davidson so it wired right into my factory alarm and tip over sensor and i get all alerts on my cell phone via text message. There is no monthly fee's i there is a ton of feature other than security..... track my ride feature is awesome

Quick Reply: Aftermarket security system.