Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrow Beach Bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:57 PM
McGillicutty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow Beach Bars

I'm leaning towards installing a set of narrow beach bars on my 05 Heritage Softail and wanted to see if anyone had a picture of their bike with these bars they could post. I'd also be interested in whether you liked the bars or not. Bars are a hard thing to buy because unlike a lot of parts, they not only have to create the look you want but have to be comfortable as well. Unfortunately none of my buddies have the narrow beach bars on their bikes. Thanks.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Narrow Beach Bars

Look, I have the wide Beach bars installed on my ride. No complaints.

A friend of mine has the narrow ones on his SE Fat Boy. He took the trip to "Vegas bike week" from here ( 4 day trip, with an average of 7 hour riding sets/per day) and he did not make any complaints on the bars. So my guess is that the bars are at least no uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

The bars on my RKC are 36" wide. I've read there are wider (40"?) but I'm happy with mine and don't think I'd like anything wider than those.

Regards.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

Love the beach bars, no regrets!

ORIGINAL: McGillicutty

I'm leaning towards installing a set of narrow beach bars on my 05 Heritage Softail and wanted to see if anyone had a picture of their bike with these bars they could post. I'd also be interested in whether you liked the bars or not. Bars are a hard thing to buy because unlike a lot of parts, they not only have to create the look you want but have to be comfortable as well. Unfortunately none of my buddies have the narrow beach bars on their bikes. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
McGillicutty
Intermediate

Thanks for your input guys. Mimo, I love the look of the nacelle on you bike. Did you install it or have it installed? I used to think the Road King nacelle would work, but I guess the Softail forks are narrower so unless you install the FLH triple clamps you have to use the nacelle made for the Softail. Is that what's on your bike? Is your an HD part or aftermarket?

Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM
McGillicutty
Intermediate

Thanks for your input guys. Mimo, I love the look of the nacelle on you bike. Did you install it or have it installed? I used to think the Road King nacelle would work, but I guess the Softail forks are narrower so unless you install the FLH triple clamps you have to use the nacelle made for the Softail. Is that what's on your bike? Is your an HD part or aftermarket?

Old 01-04-2007, 10:22 PM
sincityharley
Intermediate

I am looking into getting the narow beach bars myself. I really like the look. In the product description it says they will not fit the heated hand grips. I need to know why they wont fit. Can anyone tell me? I already have the heated hand grips and I really like the bars.